Tennis

In what way does he irritate you?

He sometimes comes across like he has a bit of an attitude problem, but I donā€™t think that is the only reason ā€“ I canā€™t put my finger on it.

He definitely has a high view of himself although wouldnā€™t necessarily call it arrogance.

I think heā€™s aight, even players like Federer were kinda brats when they were younger.

Iā€™m a bit each way on him, neither here nor there, but he has to start performing better in the slams, no idea why he played a tournament in the week prior to the French open.

He needed the confidence, was in a sorry state before that win.

Iā€™m with you on on GS performances though, itā€™s really weird how he struggles in slams. Still hasnā€™t made a semi at a GS when the likes of Tsitsipas, Chung etc have. Also hasnā€™t beat a top 20 player at a slam either.

1 Like

I think Federer retires this year. Itā€™s the only reason I can see him coming back for the clay court season.

Easing through his second round tie atm but donā€™t think heā€™ll make it past the last four at best.

Donā€™t think heā€™s hanging em up just yet.

He came back to clay to give him better preparation for Wimbledon because he needs the matches.

Maybe next year but could easily see him sticking out even further if heā€™s still in the hunt for the other slams barring the French.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ve read somewhere he aims to play the 2020 Olympic Games, so Iā€™d be surprised if he retired at the end of this season.

1 Like

Stan beats the young Greek star 8-6 in the 5th to set up an all Swiss QF vs Federer.

Is it allowed to stop playing clay for Fed?

I could see him playing one more year perhaps and just skipping some of these tourneys where his game just isnā€™t specialized enough.

Good win for Australian/Hungarian/British Jo Konta to take her into the semi finals. Sheā€™s playing really well.

Federer into the semis. Itā€™s a shame heā€™s just there to lose in straight sets to Rafa Nadal but itā€™s a good warm-up tournament for Wimbledon.

2 Likes

Federer vs Wawrinka good game, the only difference was Federer managed to win those 2 decisive tiebreakers.

2 Likes

Nadal will progress but the final, presumably against Djokovic, should be really exciting.

As dominant as Nadal is on clay, heā€™s not the specimen he was a few years ago which should even the playing field.

Zverev with another disappointed GS performance. Totally washed out by Djokovic.

1 Like
1 Like

Nadal up by 2 sets to 0. I feel like Iā€™ve been watching a fairly even tennis game with Federer looking great at times and yet here we are.

Federer works an opening, is favorite to win the point and then Nadal hits a ridiculous shot to win the pointā€¦*rinse and repeat

2 Likes

2nd set was a closer matched contest but Nadal is still walking out of this game untroubled basically.

And thereā€™s the 3rd set break. Damn.

Federer couldnā€™t beat Nadal on clay when he was in his prime, so he wasnā€™t going to do it at the French open on the cusp of 38.

4 Likes