Super Mik Arteta

Work rate… kind of vague.
How to measure work rate?
Miles of running?
Area covered?
Number of tackles or shots?

Wonder what kind of work rate Xhaka has. He was pretty much static and just passing the ball around and barely saw him doing give and go then run, or proactively went receiving the ball.

Eddie’s work rate is actually impressive and the dood couldnt get a start to save his life until Laca was physically unable to play, so yeh ur guess is as good as mine. Probably just a bull shit buzz word that can be interpreted any way to justify the managers actions.

1 Like

Work rate and talent are both important, can’t say one is over another.
Martinelli works hard, right? If you do count Lacazette’s willingness to defend, he also works hard.
Then, I would want a player that doesn’t “work too hard” but have the skills and ability to put the fucking ball in the net.

Your boy Emery did when it came to Ozil.

Depends on the system really, Under Wenger we could carry Ozil whilst he did his thing creatively at a high level.

I think in top level football it’s best to favour talent over work rate. In terms of developing talent I’ve always thought a player is better off prioritizing on individual skills rather than collective efficiency

1 Like

Ozil was a great player in his prime , but had attitude issues. Prime example is the way he walked off the pitch in Baku. People forget that so easily to be honest . Should have been out the door after that final.

1 Like

Certainly helped by a homer referee.

Oh mate the argument that night as per his failings in big games was the team wasn’t set up right for him.

1 Like

For the upcoming season it is essential that he goes out and gets reliable starters, more than adequate back ups because or squad was way to small to push us in to top 4 and cope with europa in the early stages.

We shouldn’t be in a position where one or two injuries messes up our entire season.

I am willing to have one more year of him of he fails to do anything significant for me he needs to leave. He has had enough time and experience now to construct a formulaic plan for games and how we play, if it doesn’t work he is not a fit for the club.

The club hasn’t got much time now Newcastle just got a pot of gold, wolves and West Ham are becoming more prominent in Europa; we can’t lose anymore pace with those in front of us and certainly don’t won’t to be over taken by others.

Edit: our commercial side really needs to sort out more sponsorship on top of that or think of ways to generate more money outside of football.

2 Likes

Worried

If that report is true, we’re in very big trouble

I mean…. Isn’t he involved in that lol

1 Like

That’s three different articles now and no quotes, no sources, nothing.

I’m not saying that it might not come to Arteta having to put a little pressure on the board as this season his jobs really on the line in regard to champions league football and doing well in Europe. Although you’d like to think that he would at least get beyond day 2 of the window being open before he throws a shit fit

Arteta getting his excuses in early.
If it’s true it does highlight how petulant he is.

Imagine any other rookie manager walking into a big European club and demanding to have a complete overhaul and only having players hand picked by himself.

3 Likes

Pretty much most tbh. Jose, Pep, Klopp, Conte would all make this demand and any manager wanting too survive.

Yeah, which is a good sign. Kroenke’s only hire amatuers or doods that would feel blessed to manage Arsenal. They don’t target top managerial hires because im sure theyd get push back on their shit owenership style. Arteta won’t get fired for bad results as we’ve seen but he could def get the sack for not brown nosing and boot licking the Kroenkes adequately.

7 Likes

That was my impression too.

Someone out there planting the seeds of a narrative that Arteta isn’t being fully back by the board everything pointing the other way

1 Like

What ever happens, Arteta’s PR team will make sure he isn’t to blame for anything.

He’s great at making big promises that he knows he can’t keep, then delivering very little.

So when he’s been sussed as a football manager, he can turn his PR skills to politics where he would have the perfect attributes to become a Tory MP. :grinning:

Arteta blaming the board for not backing him(for which he’s also at fault), fans blaming Arteta for not bringing the club back to the level where everyone wants to be, and rightly so. Kroenke embracing the chaos to keep chipping away money for himself. When you think about it, It’s such a sh*t cycle to be in for a football club, especially one that’s looking to bounce back after a fall from grace.

8 Likes