Super Mik Arteta

Not going to come for his neck because PL is what’s most important but how do we go from the City performance to this? Sure, we didn’t have the normal starting XI out there but they looked like they wanted it more than us, the way Tavares was playing was indicative of vibe the team gave off which in an FA cup tie is not a good look.

1 Like

Fck Nketiah off as well just not good enough !!

If we only have premier league games from January to May.

We really have no excuses to not get 4th

3 Likes

Exactly, we have enough players in the squad to handle one competition

Well, that was embarrassing. We looked like we did the first half of the season again. Poor from minute 1, no real changes, not a shot on goal. Worse team but played a worse side as well though.

and will AFCON cost us squad-depth wise in the league as well? If so we better hope (salty as it may sound) that a few of our players go out early and come back, for Arsenal’s sake.

1 Like

This is 100% my take… it felt like “wow, forgot how easy we are to control” b/c we have looked good recently, partially due to opposition and how they played us.

This is a blueprint for the bottom half of the league to take us on for the rest of the season.

1 Like

absolutely, we have not had an answer for teams that play us this way for a while. which is worrying. looked a bit like Everton, organised, pressed well, counters were dangerous, we had shit passing and got stuck passing sideways etc. with the odd desperate through ball, over all inaccurate passing all around.

Not exactly the same maybe but not that far apart either imo.

1 Like

Not bothered about the FA cup.

There are no excuses not to be playing CL football next season

3 Likes

The issue today was we lacked ball carrying midfielder to break the press and be vertical trough the middle, actually only Party does this for us and ESR at times

Yeah it was one major issue and also why NF tactics worked so well… and I agree, those are the only two who can really break those little traps through their burst (and Guendog when he was here).

1 Like

‘ere we go

LMAO - he’s definitely taking the piss there…

1 Like

Its the constant aimless passing that fcks me off where is the one touch stuff ffs !?

Things could get ugly real quick.

You can sense a couple goal loss at Anfield.

Then a loss at Spurs.

If that happens we’ll be 4 losses in the bounce and out of all domestic cups and behind Spurs who’ll have 2 games n hand on us.

I always said how we respond to the city loss will be key and that’s a diabolical start.

3 Likes

Arteta is a very lucky boy that our academy was packed with talent. Saka and ESR have almost single handedly righted the ship with their youthful vigor and play. Both of those kids are top top talents. Arteta has also done exceptionally well in the market (this past year anyways we won’t count Mari and Willian which were head scratchers). Just good enough to make him look competent.

Anyways if we some how by miracle are able to overcome Arteta’s limitations as a manager and get top 4, we should sack him immediately. I might actually be coming around to the idea of him staying but as like a help to Edu in building a team. Then we need someone to come and manage these guys into being a well drilled attacking machine, as opposed to a boring lethargic side as they take on Artetas demeanor.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I felt the exit to Forest at the end of his tenure was the final nail in the coffin for Wangers Arsenal career.

Very poor again today. A few more like this and it’ll be back to Arteta out.

In his defence, the holes in the squad showed the weakness in depth which still needs sorting. Even so the manner of the performance was horrible.

My favourite was still dropping Ozil for “tactical reasons” he loved that phrase did Unai.

If we lose in the League Cup it means we can’t win a trophy this season and we’re only just over half way through it.

When was the last time that happened?

1 Like