Super Mik Arteta

I think a lot of people still believe that the players aren’t good enough and that the club is a mess off the pitch, which I think lends itself to believing that changing the manager doesn’t solve all our problems. I’m sure some people vote on that basis, rather than it being a complete vote of confidence in the manager.

5 Likes

I think it’s the other way round.
This group of players have never played so badly or been this low in the PL.
Players like Aubameyang and Willian are top quality, experienced successful players and their form is the lowest it’s been.

Other players that were playing well have seen they form drop as well.
Wenger and Emery were no where near this bad with almost the same squad and Arteta has been given quite a few of his own players, yet it’s got worse.

It’s an insult to anyone who knows anything about football to suggest that it’s the players fault rather than Arteta because, if that was remotely true, then why are managers at clubs like West Ham, Leicester, Everton, Aston Villa, Leeds, etc, doing as good, if not better, than us?

2 Likes

PR machine working OT?

10 Likes

I think it was ‘say yes’ (when he’s not arguing with ‘Trilly’, that is)

1 Like

Is it the poster called “spursy Mcspursy from Tottenham?”
A few people have had their doubts about him but I’m not sure why.

3 Likes

Well tbf Leeds and villa aren’t yet. Everton have just died as per usual.
West Ham have done okay in a one off season. Leicester have become a direct rival of Arsenal over a few seasons now.
Arsenal have been becoming less relevant for years.
Basically we are in the wilderness and will be till the clubs owners get a plan or sell.

3 Likes

Delusional and out of touch if they can’t see the flaws. I’ve been relatively supportive of the ownership but i they’re going to standby and bank on Arteta turning into an elite coach you lose my support.

Usmanov wouldn’t stand for this shit

6 Likes

Putting it on Saliba/Aubameyang/Martinelli/Pepe in stead of the manager. Cunt move.

At least they’re gonna back him in the transfer market. Important information in my mind. :rofl:
Maybe we’ll actually do some good business in the summer.

1 Like

Firstly, imo, there aren’t many pieces we can add this summer that will mask the stink of Arteta’s coaching. If the best he can do with the current squad is 10th, I have no confidence in ability to be competitive next season

Secondly, We’ll see what happens with the EL but I don’t like using good money on bad. I consider that Arteta was “backed” this summer and the performances have been inconsistent at best

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/1886GP/status/1380466050861522946?s=19

:arteta:

What’s that saying?
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

1 Like

If he requires a total makeover of this squad to get us reasonably competitve then he is an awful manage. This squad is better than West Ham, Everton, Aston Villa, Leicester and on par with the quality of United and Spurs. We should be in the top 4.

Instead we are 10th, labouring through the Europa League and out of both domestic cup competitions.

Emery was SACKED for less than this.

6 Likes

I think - and I could be mistaken - he has a direct pipeline to his own butthole

2 Likes

AM is such a toxic space

1 Like

Ngl I accidentally voted for him to stay because of the stupid way this prick worded the options.

Maybe that’s why so many also voted this way.

1 Like

He looks the part of a manager so it’s easy to back him. He does the manager scowl on the bench, he is really good at empty coach speak in the press, and I even think he’s a good coach (or will be one day) but when it comes to making decisions I’m afraid he’s too invested in being proved right.

2 Likes

A broken cock in Arteta’s case.

1 Like

What fucking PROJECT? I don’t see shit.

@Craigie summed this up months ago. If we need a whole XI of players we got the wrong manager and the wrong system. You don’t back the wrong guy.

5 Likes

it’s a devaluation project of youngsters and certain players that were already shipped out (for free).

This season Arteta has been out played and out thought by managers of clubs like Burnley, Southampton, West Ham, Aston Villa, Wolves, Olympiacos, etc, who have not got better players than us or, supposedly, better managers.

Moyes has been playing without a striker for most of the season and he’s in the top four.
Potter has got Brighton playing more attacking football than us, Dyche is having his worst season yet still managed to beat us and several other managers are doing a great job with squads that cost less than we paid for Pepe.

So, If he needs several more players to get us out of mid table, as well as the ones he’s already bought, then he clearly shouldn’t be a PL manager.

3 Likes