Other Clubs' Transfers

In fairness treb you’re starting to be proven right on alot things you were labeled a troll over :joy:

3 Likes

The thing is he was still being a troll even if he was right :joy: but props to A4TT for lucking our on a few things.

3 Likes

Are you being obtuse on purpose? van Dijk and Laporte compare poorly to Mustafi stats wise, and van Dijk is on route of winning PFA Player of the Year…

3 Likes

Hate to be that pedantic asshole but Mustafi winning on goals conceded and David Luiz winning on errors leading to goals? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Tbf I guess you just used conditional formatting

Yep, and I used the stats sev provided. You can see which stat is which and decide whether having a high or low ratio is good. It never says Hugh is always good.

1 Like

cc

I generally don’t advocate comparison between players at different clubs because the massive variables affect the data, It wasn’t me who introduced VVD into this discussion. Liverpool and City have conceded under 21 goals in the league, Arsenal nearly double that. Massive indication of a better team defensive systems on display.

It’s more than fair to compare two players, on the same team who have occupied the same position for most of the season, under the same flawed system whilst playing similar mins.

1 Like

FFS

Left Back? I thought he was a forward??

Also don’t Liverpool have like the best young LB in Trent Arnold?

Bollocks.

Why would he go to Liverpool? He’d kill his development as he’d play less than he has this season.

Trent is a RB and is absolutely not one of the best RBs in the world :arteta:

Robertson then, everyone bangs on about him all the time.

I don’t see why he’d play LB for anyone let alone Liverpool lol

1 Like

Moreno is their backup LB and he is shit. They just want some depth to give Robbo a rest occasionally.

Robertson is the best LB in the league haha

He’s always been a left-back? Unless you confusing him for Stephane Sessegnon?

No I’m talking about Ryan Sessegnon the Fulham player who was considered one of the best championship players last season.

I’m like 100% certain that he made his mark playing as a left winger/left forward last season and this season.

2 Likes

He isn’t. Fulham has been playing him as left winger for two seasons now?

2 Likes

I don’t watch him tbf, fair play guys :papa: very sure I’ve seen him at left back at a few occasions, perhaps its me that don’t know shit.

That’s very much possible when/if Joe Bryan has been absent this season.

1 Like

So what do we do now?

We look kind of stupid having a fairly public pursuit of Monchi that blew up in our faces. Whether or not he ever intended to come here, or whether he would have been able to hack it at Arsenal are irrelevant. It’s still a PR loss and leaves us with two options:

1. Promote someone from within
  2. Scramble

My best guess is that we resort to promoting someone to the Director of Football position because it’s (1) cheaper and (2) easier. It’s already March and a club as large as Arsenal should already be elbow deep in putting together a strategy for the summer. If we have to wait for someone like Overmars to start, we’re already behind the eight ball.

I’m actually feeling quite skeptical about the summer with this latest Monchi development. As I mentioned in his thread, I wasn’t necessarily sold on him being a panacea but it appeared that Raul and Emery were sold on it, which was enough for me.

I don’t love the idea of Raul being in charge of transfers in his idea of strategy is doing his best Uncle 'Arry impression and calling his old friends to swing a deal.

If we get CL, some tantalising prospects can be had. He may leave to make way for De Ligt

I would be very happy with this.

4 Likes

How much do you reckon he’d leave for?