Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

Season ticket renewal time?

1 Like

No, just more made up click bait from the Sun.

1 Like

I’m not basing this on anything other than some thoughts I had while walking the dog recently.

I think he might be gearing up to sell.

Obviously selling while not 100% owner wasn’t that attractive as he would have been making lots of money for Usmanov so now that he has the control I did a bit of thinking about what’s gone on since.

Gazidis left. I’d assumed it was all about money but the deal for Kroenke to buy Usmanovs shares will have been going on for some time before it happened. Maybe as soon as he heard it he wanted out as best to leave on his own terms than be pushed out by some new team. An internal appointment was made to replace him and it never felt right/solid.

Josh Kroenke. He was supposed to be getting more involved but has just disappeared from the scene all together by the looks of things.

Emery. A relatively underwhelming appointment on the whole but possibly designed as nothing more than a stop gap and to not burden the next set of owners with a manager they don’t want.

Transfers. Self sustaining model or not our low spend in 18/19 makes little sense. We still have big wads in the bank we could use if we wanted. I reckon those wads will go to Kroenkes pockets if he does sell.

Future value. A bit up in the air with questions over CL likely to be asked of us every season now and TV deals seemingly slowing a bit.

I reckon the next 12-18 months offer the best opportunity for Kroenke to maximise profit on his Arsenal investment. It would make sense given his future focus and commitments in LA.

I dunno, some of that isn’t particularly well rounded but the mind wanders on those walks sometimes…

2 Likes

Is he all about the profits though? Some of his American franchises he owns for close to 20 years at this point. It could be a real prestige thing for him and we’re ‘stuck’ with him.

It’s a good question and obviously I don’t actually know shit in regards to his thoughts but honestly if owning us was that prestigious to him it feels like he’d probably spend a bit more time here other than around the AGM. Which he doesn’t even have to do anymore.

I hope he is.

FTOFY

Josh is probably doing F All but picking up a fat salary. I can imagine Josh has taken Gazidis CEO role and delegates all football roles to Raul Sanllehí. So we better hope Raul is the real deal because he’s head of the ship for now.

PL money will continue to grow so we don’t need CL money to grow as an investment commodity. CL money or not.

The only way we get bought out is if one of the world’s richest men wants to pay over market value for us.

Also while we might not get CL short term. Long term (or in the next few years), Spurs lose the prospect of losing their best players while not investing, Chelsea are losing Hazard and have a transfer ban and United are having attitude problems worse than ours.

1 Like

No you didn’t.

LOL

Sheffield United got Arab involvement and achieved promotion after 13 years in the Football League. Fuck this self-sustaining BS at this point.

Fuck the prick. Tight as a fish’s arse and likes to ‘hunt’ elephants. I hope one treads on him. Cunt.

2 Likes

Starts and ends with this numpty. Honestly its coming down to the boardroom to sort this out regardless of the Europa. Have to say im worried and not optimistic of anything positive being done apart from a retro kit to keep us happy.

2 Likes

Big summer imo.

You can see the players aren’t good enough.

Time to change that.

If no big summer, time to hound this cunt out.

1 Like

How?

He has taken us from title challenges to mid-table fodder within a decade, all while seeing his personal wealth grow with growth of the league. This parasite needs to sell up and fuck back to USA where he can happily buy team and then burn them to the ground.

The much sung about self sustaining model has horribly failed, and he needs to loosed his purse strings for the next 3-5 windows if we are to come anywhere close to competing for top honours.

2 Likes

I truly don’t think he gives a shit.

I come back to it all the time but Stan is very involved in the NFL, that’s a closed league with a fixed amount of teams (32) and the teams only get more valuable each time the league signs a new TV deal. There’s no promotion, no relegation, the draft system rewards teams with bad records and there are no outside leagues to poach players away.

Contrast that with soccer. Promotion and relegation create financial constraints on teams, teams are free to negotiate big deals with kit manufacturers, leagues beyond the EPL can compete for players, there is no draft system rewarding incompetence.

For Stan it’s all about the LA Rams and getting that stadium built in Inglewood. I don’t know that there will be any investment in the team because his MO from day one has been to appoint people to basically maintain the team. He used to have Ivan doing it and now it’s Raul.

Maybe a grassroots campaign like the one that forced out Hicks and Gillette could work but I don’t know.

Disagree - he still cares about maximizing value of AFC, and I still suspect that he has some ego here too… it doesn’t maximize his investment to see us fall out of top 4 - one could argue about whether he will spend the extra 100 million or whatever we think would vault us to top 1/2 contender at this moment.

We have spent a lot more than we did under previous ownership regime. Also, Football clubs are not the best investment for someone like Stan - Hedge funds routinely make better returns than the value increase of AFC over the time he has owned it - a LOT better.

Not being able to pay their Bank loans forced them out. Had zero to do with any protests.

1 Like

This is the issue you see.

With likes of Kroenke, his son, Sanllehi involved; along with a new director coming in - we don’t know what is going on behind the scenes so naturally a reasonable person will shaft all the frustration at Emery.

So this summer for example, the players we are looking at, the budget we actually have, whether Emery will be allowed to sign his style of players etc I personally have no idea what is going on.

But what I do know is that since these Americans owners have taken over Arsenal and Manchester United, things have not looked so good at all.