Squad Management

Patino certainly one I want in the group next season. My biggest concern about him was his toughness and grit and this loan in the Championship is certainly proving he has that.

He’s another one we are looking to sign to a new deal. I think he’ll have to be involved in the first team going forward if we want to convince him of committing his future here.

He seems to have a lot of defensive capabilities in him as well on top of what he can do to progress the ball. Could be the one to fill in for Partey too instead of Elneny and Lokonga.

1 Like

A few Forest mates were waxing lyrical about him after his performance yesterday and mentioned how good his decision making was as well as composure. I asked about his position and most said he wasn’t the midfielder picking the ball up off the cbs the most but was always available for a pass.

In short, the play came through him.

i thought we sold Mari

Nah, ai think some of these guys have certain options to be bought or mandatory buys if certain conditions are met.

Yep, yep.

1. Ramsdale
  2. Turner
  3. White
  4. Tomiyasu
  5. Saliba
  6. Gabriel
  7. Zinchenko
  8. Partey
  9. Xhaka
  10. Odegaard
  11. Vieira
  12. ESR
  13. Saka
  14. Martinelli
  15. Jesus
  16. Nketiah

Yikes.

So around March ish times we should have;

Jesus
Saka
Martinelli

Nketiah
Trossard
ESR
Vieira
Nelson
Marquinhos

How do we feel about that?

Edit; amended to include ESR who’ll probably be out again

2 Likes

ESR probably feels pretty fucked off

2 Likes

Jesus Saka and Martinelli start most
Nketiah and Trossard and ESR to sub for them
don’t think Marquinhos will get significant minutes
Nelson… sorry
Vieira sub for Ode

1 Like

With Kiwior coming joining Trossard, we have secured our attacking & defensive side of the squad without necessarily breaking the bank.

GK - Ramsdale, Turner
CB - Gabriel M, Saliba, Holding, Kiwior (White, Tomiyasu)
RB - White, Tomiyasu, Cedric
LB - Zinchenko, Tierney
DM - Partey, Elneny, Lokonga
CM - Xhaka, Odegaard, Vieira, Smith Rowe
LW - Martinelli, Trossard, Nelson
RW - Saka, Marquinhos
CF - Jesus, Nketiah

If we can get a quality midfielder (even a backup option would do), then it would be a great window and Edu would have supported Arteta adequately for the title charge.

I mean lets not pretend that when he’s not scoring, he’s utterly useless. Needs a lot of development still.

1 Like

I think we’re in a position where even with a few injuries we’re not relying on children or flops, which is a position I’m happy with.

Compared to a few years ago where we hated 70% of our squad and were counting the days left on their contracts, this is truly marvellous.

For January I don’t think we’ll do any more and that’s fine. Most clubs don’t make 4 signings for their title run in in January. If we have more gaps we’ll have to live with it.

Looking at that squad you can probably phase out Holding now, replace Nelson with someone good and replace Lokonga and Elneny with 1 good player, then we have a pretty good squad to fight on all fronts.

7 Likes

Does he need development or just to stay healthy? I wasn’t seeing like huge flaws in his game.

He’s quite invisible when he’s not popping up with a goal. Also gets shrugged off the ball very easily. ESR is going to find it tough to get minutes in our side.

7 Likes

Extremely harsh, and I have a strong feeling he will make you eat those words when he gets back to playing alot more

1 Like

We’ll see how he fits in this team. Either he is helped by the higher level or sticks out as a weak link. I have a sad feeling people will be on him like they have been on Tierney in the past year or so as he’s been away and maybe we’ve evolved in his absence.

I sincerely hope he does. But for now this is how it is.

Thats how you think it is

I see it completely differently, and he will be huge for us going into this 2nd half of the season in all comps

1 Like

What is it you’re seeing? His quality off the ball is not there right now and his main asset is his goal scoring threat.

ESR has potential but he has to stay fit and has to develop his all round game.

Well he hasnt been playing so we have all been seeing nothing.

But ive seen enough of this boy to believe he will come back strong for us and have a big impact on our squad

We should expect much from ESR this season apart from allowing first-choice players to get some rest in cup games or as a tactical sub.