Squad Management

Fucking miss Arsenal. I know November is usually our shitty month, but I really miss our lovely football.

10 Likes

Can’t wait to get back to my beloved Arsenal :heart:

6 Likes

Ben white potentially mystery illness
Gabriel Jesus having a scan on his knee
Tomi only fit for sub appearances.

Worried about the state of our squad come West Ham.

5 Likes

Tomi will be fit, Gabby should be too. West Ham are three weeks away. Not concerned about our squad to be honest.

What do you know that we don’t?

1 Like

I’m praying that the lengthy Jesus injury doesn’t turn this season into a fighting for top 4 place, the gulf between he and Eddie is astronomical. We still should have enough quality to make sure we don’t slide down too far, but if we pick up another key injury or 2 on top of Jesus in the next few months things could get ugly.

It really shouldn’t affect us that much that our season totally collapses now. If the happens the whole run has been the biggest fugazi in recent history.
The arrival of Jesus and Zinchenko must have raised the team’s quality that even in their absence the team should be able to cope.
We saw it when Zinchenko was out.
He’ll be around the team still, and you would expect players have improved themselves playing all this time with him and as we’ve heard the training levels have been raised since his arrival. This is where good leadership will show to ensure that doesn’t stop.

I dont think itll be as long as what theyre saying

Get him back to Colney and look at him properly there

If it wasn’t for the Hay-Zoos heartbreaker we’d have gotten away with the WC really well with only Saliba in the last 4.

What a shame.

7 Likes

He’s Brasilian so it’s Shay-Zoos :wink:

1 Like

Will go with Shay-zoos from now on :smiley:

1 Like

I swear the majority of our guys just all went straight to Dubai.

I would too. They probably looked at the weather forecast in England and thought fuck that.

4 Likes

Why wouldn’t they? No point in going 7 hours all the way to London just to go back to Dubai a few days later.

Might as well just head straight there.

5 Likes

I’d imagine most players with clubs in Dubai would do the same.

Well there supposed to have a 7 day break after the World Cup which it dosnt look like they are for a lot of them.

3 Likes

They can still take their 7 days off in Dubai or just have a much more relaxed training program with the team.

1 Like

Tomi and Tierney needed those minutes yesterday. Tomiyasu more. Both looked lost but we know they have quality. Lokonga and Vieira are going to need to be getting game time soon as we are going to need both at some stage. El Nenny always looks match ready to be fair.

Holding is a horror show if we want to compete. Fine for cup competitions. He does play to his strengths though.

ESR can’t be far from a return.

God our squad is threadbare

3 Likes

Saw this list yesterday.
It’s essentially all the players out on loan from the first and youth teams.

First team ON LOAN

• 13 RUNAR ALEX Runarsson Iceland
  • 33 ARTHUR Okonkwo England
  • 20 NUNO Tavares Portugal
  • 22 PABLO Mari Spain
  • AUSTON Trusty United States
  • 15 AINSLEY Maitland-Niles England
  • 19 NICOLAS Pepe Ivory Coast
  • 26 FOLARIN Balogun England

Youth ON LOAN

• 48 OVIE Ejeheri England
  • 73 TOM Smith England
  • 45 HARRY Clarke England
  • 60 ALEX Kirk England
  • 64 BROOKE Norton-Cuffy England
  • 65 MAZEED Ogungbo Republic of Ireland
  • 70 OMAR Rekik Tunisia
  • 36 TIM Akinola England
  • 37 RYAN Alebiosu England
  • 39 MIGUEL Azeez England
  • 68 SALAH-EDDINE Oulad M’Hand Netherlands
  • 69 CHARLIE Patino England
  • 42 MIKA Biereth Denmark
  • 49 MARCELO Flores Mexico
  • 59 TYREECE John-Jules England
  • 62 NIKOLAJ Moller Sweden

I see a lot of them departing when they come back, either on a temporary or permanent basis
Is there anyone from the list you think is worth re-evaluating when they come back, probably give them preseason to see how they do?

Patino is a given for me, Balogun is perhaps another, very likely we’ll have to make a decision on as I expect some interest coming our way for him. I guess Trusty could get involved, perhaps he can do a job as a 5th choice CB. And the final one is probably Norton-Cuffy.
Rest can go, ideally on a permanent basis.

Quite big a list, and we still have some in the current team (Tierney, Holding, Lokonga, Cedric, Marquinhos, etc.) who could be on their way out in the summer.

1 Like

Patino, Balogun, Norton Cuffy and Trustee for me. If we can get a Premier League loan for Balogun or Patino though we should explore it.

A decent bid for Trustee should be thought about.