Sporting CP Vs Arsenal (UEL)

Can’t believe Welle scored that. Jeeze, imagine what Emery would have done to Sanogo.

3 Likes

Great goal from Welbz! Poor game to watch though but who cares 11 wins in a row :sunglasses:

To be fair to Welbeck he can be extremely useful as a 12th man and he is a Emery player (work, work, work). But I want fresh blood for our front line and reject everything that can jeopardise that. Which includes an extension of his contract.

3 Likes

Fair play to Welbz for being a pro and showing well

2 Likes

Deserved the win with the way the second half went, created 3 or 4 clear cut chances whilst they created naught.

Arsenal the first team to beat Sporting in Lisbon for 13 months.

1 Like

If we can beat them again in two weeks at the Emirates (which we definitely should be capable of doing), we clinch first place in the group and can play reserve sides in the last two matches, which should help because we’ve got the NLD a few days after Matchday 5 and then a trip to Soton a few days after Matchday 6.

Edit: I guess it wouldn’t be technically clinched if Vorsklava Polta won as well. But chances of them ending on 12 points AND beating us in the tiebreaker are tiny even if we play a reserve side against them.

1 Like

Winning in Portugal is hard work, that’s a decent test passed tonight.

11 wins in a row, that’s fantastic in anyone’s book.

1 Like

This is the first time in we have won a competitive match in Portugal.

1 Like

not even with your mutant hands? :henry2:

1 Like

What kind of a freak doesn’t have 11 fingers.

3 Likes

Yep, i do feared this game a bit because we had never won in Portugal before today’s game. Test passed.

Glad those cunts lost and got what they deserved. Time wasting like dicks throughout the whole match and then start getting petulant when their shitty game plan doesn’t pay off.

Enjoy the L you bellends

5 Likes

I can’t explain how much I loved us intentionally time wasting in the corner at 1-0 in the 88th minute. We basically haven’t done that kind of sensible stuff for 20+ years.

@morrisc311 it’s the little things right?!

7 Likes

i wonder if that cuntbag is gonna get a retrospective ban for headbutting (or at least throwing his head forward towards litchy even if there was no contact)

2 Likes

Robson really shouldn’t be allowed to do commentary on Arsenal games. Jesus he’s awful. He’s not bad when it comes to Serie A but whatever grudge he has against Arsenal really just colors his analysis.

Similarly, but unrelated, Steve Nicol can take a flying leap. What an idiot.

1 Like

Poll still open, vote for your man of the match :point_right: Man of the Match Thread

Another well controlled performance. Weighed up the opposition in the first half and then went up the another gear and secured the win.
Great seeing senior players involved and committed to the performance. Qualification basically assured now and we can do what we want selection wise now.
Going to help us a lot this competition for the manager to work and fine tune a lot of our tactics going forward. Confidence is growing in the players and clear for all too see here.

The first half wasn’t as bad as some made out. I thought Sporting defended well and stopped our low crosses. They came out at us in the second half which opened up more space for us to punish. Good all round performance for us. I feel we were always in control of the game.

2 Likes