Southampton vs Arsenal (Premier League)

Biggest thing that annoys the f*ck out of me is Soton basically had one way to hurt us. Throw crosses into middle and we were a shambles at denying the crosser. Frankly, this has been a problem for ages.

1 Like

Yeah but if as you say they view us as a team they can get something out of, that highlights the main issue.

I agree with you both @Stroller and @Maverick79 on this one.

Southampton clearly did game raise, and it is frustrating as they’ll probably remain where they are over the festive period. However, we need to ask ourselves how we got so rattled so very easily

They knew we’re crippled by injury and under a new manager.

I just don’t think you can make that kind of argument, let the fog of anger discipate and it’s a pretty piss poor argument IMO.

1 Like

Southampton has a new manager, the game raising thing is entirely explainable.

Who was your man of the match?

Shane Long

I thought we was going to be the more likely winners in that second half. The defence was always going to be our weak link and Leno compounded that on their third.
Poor execution though is just as culpable and nobody gets a pass today. Hope the tea cups are flying now because a good bollocking is deserved.
Then monday Emery can sit and analyse how we have not moved on after a poor outing against Huddersfield with basically a week off for the first team squad.
Bad weekend result wise for us, but games come thick and fast now and have too react soon as. Dont feel as despondent though as in the last few seasons.

Being banned from this thread probably saves Luca OA career today.

5 Likes

Bellerin cause he wasn’t on for the late shit show

1 Like

:eyes:

Fucking said so.

Absolutely gutted here
I could see it coming tho .
Sack the manager, first home game under the new regime and Bobs your transgender Aunty . A win .
Re-group boys , let’s get back to winning ways against Spurs on Wednesday night .
COYG

3 Likes

We need a new center midfielder too alongside some wingers, this is not the first time when Xhaka isn’t there the centre of the park looked completely devoid of anything, Guendouzi is getting too much exposure, positionally all over the place.

The more I think about this result and look at the table the more fucking pissed I get.

Seriously, what is it with these fucking pricks Southampton? Have we even won there since they’ve been up? Jesus fucking Christ this ruined my weekend.

Should’ve known our favourite bogey team would dick us for their first win at home of the season :facepalm:

Cunts

3 Likes

We’ve won their once in our last 8 attempts in the league, @Calum posted it in the Arsenal stats and trivia thread.

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me as astonishing as it is, I don’t even remember when that time was honestly

1 Like

0-4 Alexis twice, Giroud and someone else. May 2017 haha @Great-White-Gooner

1 Like

The new Bolton.

I missed the game in lieu of attending a room escape instead, much more fun!

I knew as soon as that sage monstrosity was presented, we’d be dropping points.

Shane Long is still a cunt.

3 Likes

Wasn’t that 2-0? Cause I think I remember it now but I thought it was 2

1 Like