Something positive

Okay so people know about my lads issue up in uni before Christmas.
The other week I mentioned him being unwell. Turned out it was glandular fever. So nothing to big.
Today he’s in hospital in Sheffield for a good reason.
He’s been on bone marrow donation trust. Turns out he’s a positive match for a young female in Australia.
Like to think this says something about his character and helps with his self esteem going forward with his other issues.
Know it’s not as intrusive as organ donation but it’s a significant give and significant gain for the female in need. Wanted to share something good with you for your support this year.

31 Likes

Good on him, and you’re right, that says plenty about his character even when he’s gone through a bad patch of his own.

5 Likes

Good on him. You’ve obviously brought him up well :relaxed:

6 Likes

Fckn good lad that - anyone who donates in some form is a God send to someone else. You taught him well !?

3 Likes

That’s amazing!

1 Like

That’s great for your son, who has shown a lot of character, and of course for the girl in Australia who will benefit from his kindness.
It’s amazing what technology and science can do for good.

I’ve been a blood donor for more than twenty years, it’s easy and doesn’t take up too much time and you get a cup of tea and a biscuit as well as the satisfaction of knowing you’ve helped someone who you don’t know.

It’s a nice feeling, I’d highly recommend it. :grinning:

2 Likes

You’re a great guy mate, and you’ve done a cracking job as a parent. Stay as you are.

Gives me joy to read about your son, his actions speak volumes. Kindness obviously runs in the family. :+1:

3 Likes

always nice to read about something really positive

1 Like

Well his mum worked in care and now the NHS. So it gets most of it from her.
He gets trivia from me and just rejects my humour mostly.:smirk:

5 Likes

hope he doesn’t get your puns :wink:

He hates them for some reason.

can’t think why

1 Like

Funnily enough his brother and sister and my wife all think the same.

Much more believable. :wink:

1 Like

Your son is sounding better by the second :grin:

5 Likes

You must be so proud! Good on him and good on you. That’s incredible.

1 Like