Sokratis Papastathopoulos

:papa:

Yep.

He’s one of those that ups his game when he’s playing against a Kane etc.

Absolutely refuses to get mugged off. Would have loved to see him against peak Drogba when he used to make us look like twats a couple of times a season.

11 Likes

Enjoyed this.

3 Likes

I think he’s just an all-around fantastic pro. Appreciates his salary and honors the jersey he’s wearing. I’m still quite shocked about how football fit he is. Excellent shape for a pro footballer, especially at his age. You would think he would give in to kebabs and beer by now. :joy:

Preach.

Albeit unremarkable, he has been solid and I feel dumb to criticize the signing.

He has been brilliant and I think Arseblog picked up on it in their podcast yesterday, if only him and Kos were a few years younger.

I’m hoping we’re doing all we can do push Mavrapanos to learn as much as possible from both of these guys.

1 Like

Better than I first thought and good enough for now. Still not keen overall tbh. More good than bad though but still average for me.
Gave the free kick away on a poor challenge Saturday and another needless booking too. Admire his attitude though and will to win. Cant fault that.

2 Likes

So this lump has put us in the last chance saloon in europe then. This disaster performance was something id feared earlier in the season from him. Just started to think he was good enough for now then this brought me back to square one.
He is limited football wise and error prone to anything on the floor run at him or away from the edge of the area.
Deserves a lot of crap tonight as his performance could be more costly than any Mustari has put in this season.

Prrof that we should never praise anyone on this forum.
We praise, they let us down. We moan, they prove us wrong. Backwards club ffs.

1 Like

Could’ve been booked 3 times and was generally not at at the races, but unlike Mustafi this was the exception rather than the norm.

I’ve seen Emery criticised for our recent disciplinary problems, but not sure how he’s meant to control situations like Sokratis last night, he should’ve just known better

4 Likes

We basically havent got anyone to cover Lacca or the greek lump going into the 2nd leg. The task going to be so much harder because of their piss poor red cards.

1 Like

I think the fact that Sokratis is talked about as our being our best CB tells us more about the poor state of our first team than him.

We have the worst defence I have ever seen at the club and one of the worst in the PL.
If there isn’t some serious investment in the transfer window of two or three top quality defenders coming in, then we know where we are heading.

5 Likes

Pretty sweet background pic tbh.

4 Likes

Slightly over the top :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s the new Adidas kit for next season

2 Likes

Not a big a fan of him as most on here. Picked up nobody on the throw leading to the goal. Collected another out of position booking on half way and had a bad first half.
Having said all that will credit him with at least putting in a decent shift in the 2nd half and giving a toss about the game, when most didnt.

4 Likes

Most yellow cards in the squad with 10 with Xhaka and Mustafi following behind, what do that tell you?

The guy is more error prone than some like to admit. He’s largely overrated because he’s perceived as no nonsense, aggressive and visibly vocal. That isn’t the reality at all

3 Likes

Yeah agree. Ive said all season anything away from the edge of the D or penalty spot he gets found wanting.
Count to ten and someone going to put in a Mustafi reply now.

Sorry it was a bit longer than ten, but he really is a country mile better than Mustafi :stuck_out_tongue:

He does the odd bit of defending that you just can’t get away with in the Premier League granted, we saw that today. Watch how much we miss him now vs Watford when we’ve got Monreal (lightweight) and Mustafi (dives in, rolls the dice at every opportunity) up against the likes of Deeney

2 Likes