Skhodran Mustafi

Arteta must be hitting that strong stuff, no other explanation.

1 Like

I really want to know how much we are going to spend, after saving big.

It is nearly always mutualā€¦ unless the player breaches in some egregious way, the club canā€™t just tear the paper up unilaterally ā€¦ Iā€™d be hard pressed to name a single instance of club term like u describe. We will be paying through the nose for these, for sure.

3 Likes

I mean, it depends, right?

If the playerā€™s agent is in his ear saying, ā€œI can get you a move back to Germany. Hertha canā€™t pay a transfer fee but theyā€™ll pay you good money for the next four years and you can raise your family in Berlin.ā€ Maybe youā€™d be more willing to leave a larger portion of your 20-21 wages on the table just to walk away. Iā€™ve obviously never had to negotiate these but when we negotiate plea deals you kind of figure out what the other sideā€™s motivation is and go from there. What does Mustafi actually care about? Playing? Making money? Moving to a club of his choosing with no restrictions?

Iā€™d be half tempted to tell Mustafiā€™s agent that old boy isnā€™t being registered for the second half of the season.

Also, Arteta saying he wants to keep Mustafi may be his attempt at not destroying the guyā€™s nominal transfer value. Kind of like what he should have done with Guendouzi.

2 Likes

Yeah of course, but the point is it is a negotiation at that pointā€¦ you have to convince the other party - compel them. If they donā€™t want to comply, you basically are over a barrel and have to pay.

I guess it depends how ruthless the club want to be.

Donā€™t want to play? Fine.

Ban him from the first team dressing room. Ban him from training with the first team. The proverbial ā€œrot in the reserves.ā€ Heā€™ll play but in the Papa Johnā€™s Invitational.

Obviously you canā€™t banish him from the club to make his life miserable to force his side to the negotiating table, thatā€™s a lawsuit waiting to happen. But Iā€™m sure thereā€™s things the club could do. More ruthless clubs would have already done it.

I donā€™t know that it will come to that. Mustafiā€™s two closest friends at the club are gone and heā€™s not going to play here anymore.

Fuck

2 Likes

Arteta still collecting the cones then.

2 Likes

That picture sums him up. What a clown.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Mustafi linked with going to Liverpool on loan lol

Weā€™re actually manifesting the move just like we did for Torreira. :rofl:

4 Likes

I can almost certainly say that Mustafi is definitely not the solution to any problem. But Iā€™m more than happy for them to give it a try anyway.

4 Likes

Fucking hell talk about failing up.

1 Like

Heā€™s been linked with Barcelona and Liverpool.
Maybe weā€™re missing something here or he has a very good agent, whoā€™s PR skills are way better than his footballing skills.

1 Like

WC winner, never forget.
Mustafi would be an idiot to sign anything long term now. Loan move till his contract runs out and re-evaluate in the summer. His agent should sort this out ASAP.

I think Liverpool should take Mustafi. As bad as he is, they desperately need their midfielders back in midfield so this deal makes sense for them

8 Likes

Yeah as bad as results have been for them without defenders they havenā€™t actually conceded many.
Fabinhio and Henderson out of the midfield is the bigger issue. They still dominate the ball but without proper control. Mad as it sounds not replacing Lovren has hurt them.
Mustafi is awful but it gives them their shape back.

4 Likes

Imagine if we actually get money for him. Or are we just terminating his deal?