Skhodran Mustafi

Or Jack Rodwell at Sunderland.

Arteta claiming in the Telegraph today he g can turn Mustafi form around.
We got our Arsenal back. Deluded and cheap in good hands here.

2 Likes

When he says ā€œturn his form around,ā€ does he mean heā€™s going to turn him from a player that loses us goals and points every game, to losing us goals and points every other game?

1 Like

Arteta would be a hall of famer if he manages to turn Mustafis form around for the better

To be fair, he was asked directly if he could turn Mustafiā€™s form around, and rather than say ā€œno, he is shit,ā€ he replied, ā€œyes, itā€™s my job to.ā€

And he said the following:

ā€œIā€™ve worked with players like this, Iā€™ve had team-mates like this and there is always a moment where there is a click," Arteta said of Mustafi.

"I can accept a mistake, no problem, what Iā€™m not going to accept is someone who makes a mistake and after he stops playing, he doesnā€™t want the ball, he doesnā€™t want to make decisions. That player is not acceptable for our team.

ā€œBut Musti after that he tried to play every single time, he went for every single challenge, he put his body on the line.

"He was down afterwards, yes, but he reacted and if he does that, he will overcome the situation. I ask him to play the way we want to play, he made a mistake, on another day it will be someone else.

"Obviously we want to minimise that as quickly as possible and find the reason why that happensā€œ

I donā€™t think itā€™s deluded, fluff maybe, but not delusion. I think weā€™re struggling to offload Mustafi so are just trying to make the best of it. Hopefully Arteta does manage to make a player out of him and then we can sell him in the summer.

10 Likes

Be honest, if there is a consensus of Mustafi is shitā€¦ it is a difficult task to unload him.

If we want to sell him, praise him more.

How would that convince anyone.

2 Likes

Not gonna be a famous opinion but I prefer we stick with Luiz, Sok, Musti and Holding till the end of the season. That Mari guy will come in, play 1-2 games and just leave. Waste of money. Prefer sticking with Musti, let him get some games in the cups, hopefully he doesnā€™t look like a complete moron and we get 5-10m in the summer.

1 Like

We say this all the time. Clubs crap at selling players and limited on purchasing.

5 Likes

Nah mate, fuck Arteta.

He should have cussed Mustafis mother out right there and then Iā€™m afraid.

Did he do his Achilles? Horrible, get well soon Mustafi

Truly have zero zero luck with these injuries smh

2 Likes

Looks like we will have a crocked Mustafi now.
Hardly likely to encourage anyone to be signing him in the summer.
Club been nowhere proactive enough on getting shut of him.
The risk you run this on your one window fix all outlook. Botched it lads.

2 Likes

At this point we just have to accept that weā€™re going to have to run down his contract and let him go on a free like Ozil.

Sunk cost, we just have to bite the bullet.

I am sad for him he got injured though, looked like a bad one. Crazy season for our CBS.

2 Likes

Remember when Jamie Vardy looked dead against West Ham last week, clutching his hamstring, and he looked doomed for Euro 2020?

Well, heā€™s in Leicesterā€™s squad tonight.

Iā€™m convinced we donā€™t know how to warm our players up or help them recover.

1 Like

Vardyā€™s injury was never serious, it was in his glute rather than his hamstring and glute injuries heal quickly, and also I am certain he is so used to taking hits in his bum regularly that his ass recovery capabilities are probably unrivaled.

Definitely been part of a big problem here for years.

1 Like

Heā€™s doomed for Euro 2020 anyway, seeing as he retired from international duty

1 Like

Ssssshhhh!

I didnā€™t know that :wink:

Mustafi is the epitome of our CBā€™s.
He consistently under performs, heā€™s on world class wages, yet we still keep picking him rather than get someone better.

The only good thing about his injury is that the club will have to identify and get a top quality CB in this window.

Iā€™m sure Kroenke has instructed Arteta to spend what ever is necessary to get a top class CB, in this window, and that money is not going to stand between us and success.

1 Like

Just canā€™t see that discussion ever happening. Maybe at Leicester or Liverpool. Never at Arsenal

1 Like

How much is Mustafi paid and how much do you think world class players get paid?