Skhodran Mustafi

Or nobody else wants to pay for him?

If we can subsidize moves for Kolasinac and Saliba, surely we can for Mustafi?

Ffs just thought we had a good source saying he is close to gone. Dont bump this other than transfer rumours or abuse pls.

2 Likes

Only if you say Mustafi is as good as those other two. Plus Salibaā€™s probably on 20% of the wages of Mustafi

Kolasinac is good? Heā€™s as rubbish as Mustafi.

1 Like

Not saying heā€™s good, but I think heā€™s a hell of a lot better than Mustafi.

Kolasinac is very good going forwards and although heā€™s not great defensively he makes less mistakes than Mustafi. Plus a mistake at left/wing back is a lot better than one in central defence

1 Like

Good left backs are also rarity. Have always been one of the toughest positions to fill in world football.

Has it? Genuinely what do you build that theory on.

Teams looking into LBs every so often and having to do with jokers in that position because it was hard to find a good one. Playing left-footed CBs or senior left wingers there was also very common.
I remember when Man Utd paid big for Shaw at the time and most people backed them up for it because Shaw was touted by many to cover their worries there for the next 5-6 years.

There has definitely been a wave of good left backs recently and thatā€™s probably due to academies picking up on the demand for them.

This guy :joy: the shade he has thrown at those three clubs heā€™s rejecting.

I thought Barca were meant to be close to signing him?

Hahahah the ego of some of the players at this club, heā€™d be lucky to start a fucking Championship club. Fuck off and take your venom with you, Mustafi

4 Likes

:grin:

Same way Iā€™m expecting a lottery win tonight I guess.

3 Likes

Mustafi is a good CB in current footballing terms though. Of course he is waiting for better clubs.
I think people overestimate where the bar is set for CBs today. Actual defending and concentration isnā€™t valued like it used to.

Why do you defend Mustafi and Xhaka all the time lol

Because theyā€™re not as bad as we think.
Iā€™m watching too much football and Iā€™ve seen far worse donkeys playing at other ā€œsupposedā€ top level leagues. Hell, Iā€™ve seen worse donkeys in the PL too.

Football is much more forgiving nowadays especially at leagues and clubs that donā€™t get as much exposure as Arsenal do.

Canā€™t take this serious.
I know the Bellerin situation hurts you a lot.

Youā€™re right but the premier League is such a high level and standard that we have to judge according to that standard.

I have no doubts Xhaka would be one of the best midfielders in Serie a but unfortunately we donā€™t play in Serie a.

We can only judge what we see.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry I zoned out after you said Mustafi is a good CB

Itā€™s how football is nowadays Ron.
I mean look at Bellerinā€™s case. Most fans hate his guts but you have top clubs from other leagues monitoring him every window.
They really donā€™t give a shit about Bellerin costing them a couple of goals in the league as long as he performs in those 4-5 matches in Europe that they care about.

I agree with you fully.
Simply put, Mustafi and Xhaka cannot feature as starters for Arsenal if we want to move up.

1 Like