Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

I reckon Arsenal do it on purpose in order to ‘build suspense’ but in reality it just is annoying as fuck.

1 Like

If I remember correctly we always announce players early in the afternoon, don’t we? Unless it’s a deadline day type signing like Özil, we rarely announce a player in the evening.

Afternoon tea tomorrow. Respect the rules people.

Nearly there!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/afccharlie/status/769363301461528576

3 Likes

Now we got two strikers better than that united shitter. Fuck yeah we gonna win the leagueeeee!!

Fake.

Haha probably :smiley: can’t believe someone went through all that editing, when the deals will be announced officially soon.

1 Like

Ha, unless Perez has the same tattoos as Jack Wilshere.

Almost here!

1 Like

Is this done yet? JFC we even have trouble introducing the players we sign. Why does everything have to be such a struggle?

I tnink that has to do with the fact the club wants all the promotional content complete before announcing anything, then they roll out the previously completed photo shoot and video interview.

I wish they’d just drop a press release to reassure skitish fans like myself but what can you do, the deal will obviously get done.

We have a game today. The focus will be on the game and not on announcing a signing. Could easily be that if we don’t win today that it will be announced earlier and if not they’ll take their time and do it on Monday.

Because they want to do that cancerous interview where they all say the usual ‘i love London, Arsene Wenger convinced me to join, i came to win trophies’ etc etc

I cant believe anyone actually watches those things at this stage. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So pleased with this signing, for all the justified criticism of Wenger this is an actual answer to those critics in the best manner.

Somewhat hypocritically now, after busting his balls to make this signing, i’m almost of the mind to suggest that BOTH Chambers and Holding go on loan, and take a mini gamble on a Coquelin/Monreal reserve until Gabriel returns.

I presume only Chambers will go on loan and really he’s the lucky one, with Holding reduced to doing nothing on the bench. I see Chambers/Holding as a future partnership for us, so would be a shame to not get started on developing it early.

In the meantime I believe Mustafi and Koscielny could soon be the most solid unit in the league once they start gelling, so very pleased. Don’t forget Mustafi has already played in two different leagues outside his own country, speaks the language, has a good mate here (Ozil), he’ll settle quickly. And he’s a fine defender to boot.

6 Likes

It’s the highlight of my summer

2 Likes

that means we could get him a few weeks ago, but being too cheap

According to Sky we’re paying £35m. The initial offer from Arsenal is rumoured to have been £15m. Fifteen million. :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNA79D_xu08