Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

Some won’t make it.

1 Like

So you just want to play the wait and see game, Wenger??

Sure Mustafi does not worth £50million and he won’t be sold at this price, but the signal is, he won’t be sold in cheap, the cheap price that Wenger is waiting for.

Do you have a plan B or C, Arsene? Johnny Evans? Or Steve Bould. Your pick.

1 Like

Mirror -_-

The Sun have just ripped me off :wenger2:

5 Likes

Surely we get to hear something definitive about this deal, this week!?

1 Like

Yeah we will, its off!

Don’t even care about this transfer anymore. Like most things we’ve drawn it out and ruined any excitement.

3 Likes

At the very least, and I mean very least, Wenger has came out and said he hopes to have the Mustafi deal done.

Not the typical “I won’t speak about other players, I can only worry about who we have, we are working day and night to strengthen the squad, if the player will improve us then I will buy, etc.”

So that has to account for something?..Right?

It’s just a smokescreen for that top top striker he’s going to pull out of his ass.

3 Likes

I really want to know where this “top striker” is coming from…

from league 2 in france

4 Likes

I hope so because some of the funniest things on this site is people trying to justify shit players just because we signed them.

1 Like

I’m glad Valencia have priced us out of this move. People would have been in for a real shock when Mustafi arrived at an extravagant cost and doesn’t even look that much better than the defender we spent £11.3 million on in January 2015.

If he wasn’t injury prone I’d much rather we spent 25 million on Musacchio, who is a much better defender.

He’s brewing up a striker as we speak…

10 Likes

Can’t honestly say if he’d be a great buy or not, but I fear we’ll end up with the same situation as our striker.

Like Giroud, Mertesacker is competent. Flawed, but competent and after seeing the likes of Chamakh and Djourou be really shit, we’re not in a completely tragic position. But Mertesacker happens to be injured right now so we need someone. We need that Adams, Campbell player to boss our defence for the next 5+ years and we could afford to pay 30/40m for him but if he’s not available, we’ll fill up on Squillacis and Sylvestres until that time comes. I just hope we’re not still here in a few years time.

The thing is, you can’t release financial results every year saying you have hundreds of millions of pounds in cash and expect clubs to not want a slice of it when you come in asking for their player. You could even argue if we were the kind of club that had spent 50m a season on a marquee offensive player, we could plead some degree of poverty about cash flow or something to a club like Valencia right now when trying to buy a defender.

3 Likes

On the bench for Valencia tonight.

If he’s on the bench I think his tranfer to Arsenal is DOA. Just can’t see us coming back to Valencia in a weaker position and paying what they want. Arsene’s pride won’t allow it.

According to spanish reports, Dick Law is in Valencia.

1 Like

Dick Law could be giving Mustafi a reach-a-round, and I still wouldn’t be confident that he’d come.

5 Likes

Valencia conceding 3 goals in the first half. Guess who they need :santi2::santi::poldi: