Shkodran Mustafi (We got himmmm!)

35m is a lot for a defender who isn’t particularly a big name signing.

But that’s what it costs to buy these days, especially when everybody knows you’re desperate.

Signings of Perez and Mustafi add much needed depth to the squad. Better late than never.

2 Likes

Get in! We almost got him!

This is @SRCJJ right now.

3 Likes

Have Arsenal the money to complete the deal? YES
Is the player a figure who Arsenal need? YES

If the answers to these question are both Yes, I’m not interested about the price.

Mustafi is a young, talented and experienced CB who already has played in England and speaks english, has played in Italy with great results and in Spain becoming one of the best defenders of the league.

He can help us to improve our defensive qualities, can play with Koscielny and Gabriel Paulista, seems to have leader qualities, is german and part of the NT.

Are 35M pounds too high (and Stones, Mangala, Otamendi to City? Bailly to United?) or not high? Fuck you, I’m not interested. We bought a very good player and I’m happy and proud of that.

1 Like

really happy about Mustafi, never really seen him play but from the sounds of it he seems like a top centre back and still young :slight_smile:

It’s going to be even worse when he has a blinding season and makes me look like a fool.

To be fair, I’ll completely support him and hope he excels and is a world class signing for us. I’m just not necessarily convinced he is. But I’m delighted we’ve addressed a pressing squad issue with a seemingly promising player.

2 Likes

In before @JakeyBoy @'s @morrisc311 and also in before @morrisc311 @'s @JakeyBoy when this deal still hasn’t been confirmed four hours before the TW closes.

4 Likes

he actually really looks like the Wrestler, Sami Zayn

1 Like

Good business that.

Or maybe reports were wrong and Valencia were adamant to sell at 35m.
If that was the case, you can understand why the negotiation took so long.

It would be weird if they had gone
"Selling for 25…
Selling for Twenty Fiiiiive.

Hello Arsenal…Selling for 35"

He’s already scored against us…

1 Like

So its done ??? His release clause is€ 42.5 million which is abt 36 million quid .

Not done until Bl1nk makes a thread in the players section.

It can still move all the way till deadline day according to several reports. We’re in ‘advanced stages’ whatever that means :smiley:

£35m is a steal for a young world cup winning centre back with experience in multiple leagues and tonnes of potential. Especially in a market where players like Luiz, stones, mangala, koulibaly all warrant £50m fees.

1 Like

I hope it is £35m, then hopefully these cunts will learn a lesson.

I like Mertesacker, but we were talking about him needing a long term replacement at least 2 years ago, and a player like this would have cost us £20m max then. Mangala went for less than £32m two years ago, and people were talking like it was the worst case of financial doping in the history of sport and FFP was a joke. Now only 2 years later we’re supposedly spending more than that on someone who’s not even definitely world class.

Holding on to that cash and not spending it has resulted in no gain whatsoever, except we’ve spent 2 years without this signing.

4 Likes

YEAH BOYS.

https://vine.co/v/ehz5tuxTgxH

7 Likes

Big signing. Very talented defender.

Our best CB pairing in years!

1 Like

I’m expecting alot for £35M!

1 Like

Wenger finally realising some of our #shkodgoals

5 Likes