Shams first marathon

Well done @shamrockgooner that has to be really tough that was excellent!

1 Like

Yeah I’ve done that one before, and the Great Manchester Run, too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve done a few abroad which I’d recommend for anyone to do as a good experience.

Anyone run Berlin? Supposed to be extremely flat and fast.

I’ve done a half marathon and that was flat. Amsterdam as you’d guess also.

Nottingham half marathon is bloody awful. Hilly but scenic. Longest half marathon I’ve ever ran. 1hr 54mins

@shamrockgooner smashed it rudebwoy :100::facepunch:t5::heart:

1 Like

I’ve done that one. Nicest one and got my best time on was in Guernsey.
Twenty years ago but Pbs last forever.

2 Likes

Well done @shamrockgooner my G

1 Like

Typical. This guy always gets the glory.

21 Likes

Great work @shamrockgooner was it 42km ? My best mate recently ran the one in Melbourne and he got 3 hours 49 mins, he worked so hard in preparation for it. Much respect to you pal.

1 Like

42.2. I ran them I want the credit :grin:

5 Likes

So are you taking him for a walk then.

Nice job Shammy - I trained maybe a decade ago and probably did it all wrong and ended up with really bad shin splints, plantar fasciitis, and back issues so I had to give up… I am still trying to motivate myself to go about it again, this time without insane and harsh overtraining/under-resting.

1 Like

OH on duty this evening thankfully. :grin:

1 Like

Honestly think whatever plan you follow make sure it fits with your lifestyle.
Getting yourself ready to attempt a plan is the key that I found.
Tbh I done best running up to the age of thirty. Actually marathons are better attempted after this age in reality.

Well I am well past thirty so I should be fine :bellcry:

2 Likes

You got a long way to catch some of us up on the age game. Young pups😠

1 Like

They say that 50 is the new forty and all that, no? :santi:

Massive respect to anyone who runs Marathon but quite honestly it’s an overkill and not always good for your legs. If your body doesn’t agree with it, just do 10KM which is more than enough imo.