Sevilla vs Arsenal (CL) 1-2

Sergio Ramos bullet header climbing on top of Zinchenko from a corner.

Raya getting lobbed from a kick out of the keepers hands after Havertz has headed straight at the opposition keeper from point blank range.

This is a critical game. A loss here would leave us in third.

Lens could be 4 points ahead of us too if they win their home game against PSV.

We shouldn’t fear Sevilla. We’re obviously the better side and need to show it tomorrow.

I’m still furious about that lob the other day. Yes it’s a scuffed shot but what the fuck is he doing all the way up there?

It’s a problem Arteta created for himself and I have absolutely zero sympathy for him on that front. I had a lot of reservations about bringing Ramsdale in because he’d been relegated twice but so far Raya is the one playing like a keeper from a midtable side. He’s turned in maybe 70 great minutes across multiple games but some of the decision making is bad even if it hasn’t always cost us.

2 Likes

I’m hoping that it is just teething problems, but Rata doesn’t seem an upgrade on Ramsdale at all so far.

He definitely can’t be making many more high profile mistakes this year.

That’s the only thing we can cling to in the form of hopium but we always talk about how good our backline is with the ball at their feet. Saliba is great, White is great, Zinchenko is a midfielder anyway, I could go on. It seems like issues with his decision-making. My theory is that without a Toney-esque focal point, he’s sometimes unsure of what to do.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/1716572726196920753?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

Tbh, if Ramsdale were to be give a run, Sevilla away right after his wife gave birth wouldn’t be where I would do it.

1 Like

Is he even going to travel with the squad so soon after the birth of a child?

I thought so too but he was in training and has travelled.

I’m starting to think Arteta and I have very different definitions of the word “meritocracy”

3 Likes

Let Raya hang himself one more time and give Ramsdale an easier game to come back to - his former club at home on the weekend.

Footballers don’t get paternity leave. He absolutely should travel to Spain.

5 Likes

Way too much talk on the goal keeping position and not enough on the no 8 position which is really contributing to our shortcomings fluency and form wise.

Anyways I’ll say this ends 1-1 but hopefully we edge it.

Still unconvinced about Arteta’s European competition form.

Would be good to have a statement win tonight, please.

4 Likes

It’d be a great match up, and another real challenge for the team, not convinced so far with both our league and CL form, even though we get the job done.

Hoping Partey is ready for this one, we need the Rice-Partey-Odegaard trio to play as many games as possible, that’s the only midfield setup capable of pushing this team as far as possible.

2 Likes

Rest Saka and play Martinelli onnthe right with Trossard left.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/squawka/status/1716787398963560559?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

I remember going to Sevilla years ago and getting shafted 3-1 or 4-1.

Oh 3-1: Champions League: Sevilla 3-1 Arsenal - Match report | Post-Match Report | Arsenal.com

Different era. Sevilla are relegation fodder in La Liga and having serious financial problems, don’t even think they have a manager currently.