Serie A

Needing to promote players from the academy.
Playing football the ‘right’ way.
Giving a manager time to bed his ideas.

We aren’t thinking about winning at all cost and Conte is a ‘winning’ manager. Those ideals aren’t necessarily aligned with winning imo.

1 Like

Okay thanks for that.
Just flawed logic on our side that for me because it’s 2021 and time is a commodity you don’t get or have.
I really don’t think there’s too many wrong ways to win for football fans.
I just see classic Arsenal trying too cheat the system levels of planning here.
Academies will always have good and bad crops of players but no top team can be relying on them.

12 Likes

Defensive football (George Graham) is just as much of Arsenal’s culture as attacking football (Arsene Wenger) is. There is no ‘right’ way. Just whatever is successful. Fans will get on the back of anyone who keeps losing.

5 Likes

We don’t need to promote players from the academy. We just invested in shit or handled our business as shit. If we offload Ozil in the summer we can buy or loan a midfielder in the summer. If Mustafi would have been a proper player we don’t need to go out and buy Saliba and Gabriel. If either one of Xhaka, Guendouzi or Torreira became good for us, our centre midfielder problem was settled. The list is endless at this point.

1 Like

Thing is if you go back and watch them old school compilation videos of the season you always see Arsenal playing some pretty attacking football especially under the early graham years. It was a different kind of attacking though and may not be as glamorous as the Dutch/Barcelona that we tried to emulate later on but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Agree though that defensive football is a part of this club as much as attacking is.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wait so Conte refuses the reduction financial spending and Inter sack him?

He didn’t resign? Why are Inter paying him compensation?

1 Like

Managers don’t resign, they get “mutual agreements”.

Everytime I scroll down to read replies under a footy tweet.

3 Likes

Never read the comments on twitter :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t get it either.

1 Like

I presume he had some guarantees in his contract that are not being lived up to ergo payoff.

2 Likes

No wonder they’re in 500 million of debt

2 Likes

Inzaghi would be a good replacement.

But they can’t sell too much, have to keep the quality of the team a certain level.

I don’t get the Conte / inter situation, all
I’ll say is he better not go to Spurs.

2 Likes

What a shit show! :rofl:

That Scudetto looking like a blood sacrifice for Inter

1 Like

Conte has always complained about spending. When he was at Juventus and Chelsea too. It has always been like that when he was you’re manager. Now I assume Inter, like a lot of European clubs, have serious financial problems. Obviously it has been reported that their Chinese owners have problems and their spending after the takeover is probably not in line with their income anyway. That is why the whole change of brand - increase revenue etc. They’ve probably told him that they will not be able to spend hence he wants to leave / thinks about leaving. But in stead of pressuring the club in the media, like happened at Juventus/Chelsea, they’ve come to a mutual agreement / payoff.

2 Likes

Allegri returns

5 Likes

Last Dance.
Putting a bet on Juve to win the Champions League next season.