Serie A

That inter top is absolute :fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

I used to do that tbf. Shave my head when I had the opportunity to grow it for a number of years

1 Like

Ekriksen!! :denmark::denmark::denmark::denmark::denmark::denmark: @Cristo

Ospina what the fuck :arteta: :arteta:

2 Likes

Ospina does have his momentsā€¦ nicely done there.

The commentator is almost having an orgasm over him. Was Ospina ever ā€œsensationalā€ for us?

Theyā€™ve always had great kits and training gear. Sure Iā€™ve said it before Genuinely think their badge/logo Is the best in football, or all sports to be honest. Just looks so damn clean. Then on this black/yellow kit theyā€™re wearing, so so so so clean.

1 Like

Legend

Ospina made a mistake there, but he was still man of the match. Made a few important saves and kept his side in it. This was the moment the commentators were obsessed with.

I should have watched this instead of the shitty Premier League

5 Likes

Loool Sarri.

1 Like

Great result. Enjoyable game to watch too - Sarri will be gone soon itā€™s in the air.

Some silverware for the Naples :heart_eyes:.

1 Like

So Sarriā€™s former club he couldnā€™t win silverware at wins silverware at the expense of his current club. Thatā€™s some scripting.

Juventuz forum probably has him on a hitlist at this rate.

3 Likes

I had a good laugh over there last night haha. They absolutely detest him.

He ruined his Napoli legacy for a shot at glory at a club that were never going to sign the kinds of players he needed to get his football free flowing and ready. He shot himself in the foot.

3 Likes

What bugged me the most about Sarri is that so many people were praising his ability because of what he was doing with Napoliā€¦

He was never THAT good. First of all Napoli had a much better squad individually than most people were giving them credit for. He wasā€™t managing a mediocre squad. And second thing, they played in a very very specific way, and even in that way he showed absolutely zero adaptabilty to different situatuonsā€¦ He never switched his system a bit, they aleays played absolutely the same formation, and when he was making subs it was always a like for a like. All the players knew each other very well, most of them even from before he came thereā€¦ I knew he would struggle in other clubs where he had to adapt to different circumstances.
Heā€™s a nice coach but just never that good in general to be a certain target for elite clubs. I definitely think, for example, Simone Inzaghi is a more equiped manager overall, and doesnā€™t get nearly as much praise as Sarri did in his time in Napoli. Tbf, overall I donā€™t rate Sarri over Emery and I think Unai could possibly do a better job there.

4 Likes

Hugely agree with this. Inzaghi is criminally overlooked.

2 Likes

I think he will rock the football world maybe as Allegri did in his time when he gets his chance with a better squad. I even think he possibly has more potential than Allegri.

Compared to Sarri againā€¦ Sarri always relied more on the individual, technical quality of his players I feltā€¦ Inzaghiā€™s team relies a bit more on the runs off the ball, movement, smart positioningā€¦ I just think he does more with the recources (players) he has than Sarri did (with Napoli).

2 Likes

That is not fair. He took Napoli to 91 points. Only two seasons a Serie A Champ had more points. That particular season and when Conte got 100+. Players like Albiol, Hysaj, Zielinkski and Callejon were starting players, they are not that good. You could say that he is too inflexible, but the squad Napoli had was not that great either.

Totally disagree with this. Albiol was huge for Napoli and very popular for his consistency. Before injuries, Hysaj was linked to every big club in Europe and Zielinski was a target for Liverpool and other big clubs too.

Callejon is the only player I felt punched above his weight at Napoli the rest are very good players.

1 Like

The fact that they maxed out at Napoli says enough in itself doesnā€™t it? I mean an Albiol was tested at Real and proven to be not good enough for that level. Iā€™m not denying they didnā€™t have top level players. But to say that the squad had so much individual talent seem a bit disingenious.

Rafa deserves more credit for building that squad.