Serie A

Looks like Luca is getting relegated.

3 Likes

Some more of my routine Conte propagandaā€¦

• Juventus were 7th the season before he took over and he won the title (unbeaten) in his first campaign.
  • Chelsea were 10th the season before he took over and he won the title in his first season (with, at the time, a record number of wins in a league campaign)
  • Inter had barely scraped 4th the season he took over and he finished second to - Juventus and made the EL final in his first season and is now running away with the Serie A in his second season.

I hope he improves on his cup showings next season. If he can hold onto his current squad, bring in a new LWB, a new striker, probably a new GK then I think his squad can go very far.

6 Likes

His football in attacking sense is to onedimensional to do something in Europe bro. This past weekend the game against Cagliari too. They created very little. Itā€™s an effective game, but simple (let Lukaku loose or find space on the flanks behind the opposition fullbacks). Just not enough for Europe.

1 Like

Zlatan staying for another year just supports the argument for lack of good or promising strikers in the World right now

5 Likes

Yeah true. Sad indictment on the academies and the game in general this.

1 Like

Milan has had a thing for aged superstars for a long time. Itā€™s not like they couldnā€™t target Edoard or Depay or Malen or even Lacazette who might do well in a slower league

They have actually invested in younger players the last 2-3 years. Tonali, Bennacer, Theo Hernandez, Kessie, Leao, Saelemaekers etc. Zlatan is just special.

2 Likes

Yeah, people make comments about Serie A being a retirement league but the reality is that the Milan team is very young.

1 Like

Forwards are just made for mavericks and street footballers, the game chases these type of players away now.

2 Likes

Yeah, lowest average age in the league I think at 24.5

Iā€™m just thinking historically with Ronadinho, Ronaldo, Higuain. But I suppose it hasnā€™t been a thing in recent years.

Basically they could get in a young striker if they wanted

Not sure we can afford at the moment. I like Ibra for one more year for his influence on the squad, help some players grow mentally and then yeah move on when someone else is bedded in. If we can make champions league thatā€™s some more money but we do absolutely need a first team striker even with Ibra there, especially with his injury record.

1 Like

AndrƩ Silva, who was at Milan a few years ago, is still only 25 years old and has now scored 23 goals in the Bundesliga.

Maybe it never would have happened for him at Milan. I donā€™t know.

Isak and En-Nesyri are young players, who are currently scoring quite a bit. Tammy Abraham up there too, for me.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Silva would have developed the same at Milan and Iā€™m also not convinced he takes that form outside of Germany. The setup seems to favour him.

I have a strong bias towards En-Nesryi but eliminating that bias he is someone a lot of clubs should be looking at. Very strong and dependable player with lot of room to develop.

2 Likes

I was just thinking Tammy would be a smart move for Milan.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to disagree, he doesnā€™t really suit our style of play, we already have a similar player in Leao although not as much an out and out 9.

1 Like

Tammy is so much stronger and a better target man than Leao.

Tammy could lead the line whereas Leao reminds me of Pepe in terms of being winger/striker hybrids.

Tammy is a good striker and someone I rated highly but I donā€™t think thatā€™s who Milan should be chasing. Tomori is a good prospect who will be a good CB for Milan and I hope they secure him but thatā€™s the only youngster they should be looking to secure from Chelsea.

I agree in that they need a couple good wingers more than a striker, but as a long term Ibra replacement who is realistic, you canā€™t get much better than Tammy.

2 Likes