Serie A

ezgif-2-98cc2d9b45cc

Lafont is leaving Fiorentina to return to France with Nantes.

Or as Milan news put it.

3 Likes

Thats what you get for being so fekin BALD

:shield:

Elite

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a better defender in my life. The perfect blend of athleticism, technique and elegance. Injuries robbed us of some great years of his career.

Undoubtedly an elite talent though.

3 Likes

haha sorry @SRCJJ I still had it as my copy and paste

He’s been my favourite defender in my 20 odd years of following the sport Nesta, absolutely loved him.

2 Likes

Did he retire at an early age?

1 Like

Lazio Nesta Vs Inter R9 :giroud2:

1 Like

He ended up playing for Montreal Impact in his mid to late 30s I just think he suffered so consistently from injury problems that he missed quite a lot of games at the peak of his career.

So looks like Juventus mercato is going to continue to be busy.

They’re negotiating for De Ligt (low balled Ajax with their first offer though) and Paratici (DoF) met with Wanda (Icardi’s wife) yesterday to start the process of bringing Icardi to Juventus on the basis that they will sell first to bring him in.

What I don’t understand is that you’ve signed Sarri to manage you and you’re trying to bring in Icardi who is essentially the anti-thesis of a Sarri forward.

He averages around 9 attempted passes per game, he will offer nothing in the build up so it’s a very strange decision to make.

1 Like

Buffon coming back too lol

I get the Buffon move though because Perin wants to leave to get more first team football so bringing Buffon in as back up on reduces wages for a season mitigates the need to bring in another goalkeeper.

Plus after this season he’s moving to some type of senior management or coaching role (can’t quite remember which one off head).

It’s a win all round I guess. Although I wish Gigi would retire.

Interesting stuff. There seems to be an awakening for Italian clubs this summer and it looks like the best footballers will be heading to Italy once again in the near future.

Sinisa is battling leukaemia. Had a really good season last year, hope he can pull through this and keep building on his career.

1 Like

So what will be the preferred back four at Juve?

Cancelo - de Ligt - Chiellini - Sandro?

Damn. Is Chiellini at 34 years old still in the world-class bracket?

Still one of the best in the world. He was a monster last season and far and away Juventus best defender.

I still rate him higher than Skirinar and Koulibaly.

1 Like