Serge Gnabry

This is why I don’t understand why everyone takes his word as gospel he fucks up just as much as everyone else and only says about genuine signings when everything is pretty much sorted and is common knowledge…I think he is poor!

Interesting to note that if we refused to sell him and he left on a free transfer next summer, because of his age we would have received compensation, impossible to know how much it would have been though.

Liverpool paid £6.5m + £1.5m in bonuses to Burnley in compensation for Danny Ings last year, Juventus £800k for Pogba and Newcastle £250k to Le Havre for N’Zogbia.

1 Like

Well, We put a buy back in Vela’s contract & ended up getting a nice lump sum out of that. So, Let’s hope they carry on that practice otherwise this is one big clusterfuck.

ANNOUNCE DRAXLER.

1 Like

need to get rid of Ox and Theo before we can announce it…

2 Likes

This is our RW CAM CF LW signing. Yay. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Who’s that guy again?

It’s not Jonny Evans so who cares? :wink:

3 Likes

I love the disconnect between the “those players are shit” and “we should sell them for 25m” lines of thought. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always liked him. Damn, that injury he got a couple of years back whilst he was doing really well in the side, is the moment his career at Arsenal ended in all honesty.

[quote=“shamrockgooner, post:269, topic:392, full:true”]

I love the disconnect between the “those players are shit” and “we should sell them for 25m” lines of thought. :slight_smile:
[/quote]It’s true, but when you look at the average players that have gone between PL clubs at ridiculous prices, just because they are English, then you can see that not very good players that are English will still command a very high transfer fee.

You only have to look at some of the recent players like Sterling, Lallana, Henderson, Stones, Rodwell, Shaw, Jones etc, going for 25m or a lot more, and before that, Carroll going to Liverpool for around 40m which made him the eighth most expensive player ever in Europe.

If we put Walcott and Chamberlain up for sale, we would get around 25m each for them, and they aren’t great players.
What makes them expensive is because they are English.

I would sell both of them and spend the money on a proper winger like Mahrez, Draxler or Reus.

1 Like

Hopefully there is a buy back clause otherwise this is a pretty monumental fuck up

That picture is a fake.

I don’t speak barbarian, can someone translate it?

https://twitter.com/ScoutedFootball/status/770614025310920705

I really can’t see why people want us to keep him, I think it’s remarkable we’re getting any money at all for him.

1 Like

Because he’s obviously a talented player who suffered a really serious injury and deserved a chance to establish himself ahead of limited talents like Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott.

2 Likes

Because our wide players bar Sanchez are pretty much from non-existent to shit?

1 Like

He has that Wenger style, that natural “class”. I really think Arsenal fans have gotten so used to watching shit like Podolski, Walcott and Giroud that they’ve forgotten what it’s like to have a team where all the players are gifted, have a great first touch and can see and make a pass. I’m not saying Gnabry is definitely this player, but he’s at least a player on that side of the scale.

People criticise Wenger’s style being ineffective but his biggest failing was probably trying to play that style with such poor players. If you gave him a team of young Rosickys, Hlebs and Pireses he’d probably have come closer to the title than he did with that lot.

1 Like

That is so true.
For a puritan that Wenger is, it’s baffling that he has worked with some pretty technically mediocre players.

1 Like

Players you mentioned are not shit, just Wenger doesn’t know how to use them, doesn’t put them in the right set up.
One example… when Giroud is on, we never had high crossing from both sides. When Giroud is off, and having a much shorter player to play as striker, we start crossing. WTF??

1 Like