Sead Kolašinac

Wenger signed the players tho.

2 Likes

Agree to disagree.
I don’t think he was involved as much those 2 last years.

2 Likes

With Kolasinac finally on his way, that opens up one non-HG player slot. Expect at least one new arrival in January.

1 Like

Judging from reports I think the club is prioritizing:

1. creative midfielder (Isco/Buendia/someone else)
  2. backup goalkeeper (possibly homegrown)
  3. centre-back, depends on if Mustafi, Sokra and Chambers leave
2 Likes
8 Likes

Number 1 is a total fucking joke because the club had no intentions of registering Ozil so the creative gap in midfield was obvious from the jump.

4 Likes

I think the club thought they could make it till January.
A lot of things didn’t go well for them:

• Willian turning out so bad
  • Partey being unavailable for most of it
  • Auba, Xhaka and Ceballos taking a huge dip in form
4 Likes

The only issue I have with this is that Partey is not a creative midfielder and Willian is not a creative force in the team and never should have been considered as one.

So the club just showed really bad foresight

11 Likes

:100:

3 Likes

Confirmed by the club.

2 Likes

Good move. Hopefully he plays decently and rebuilds a little value before getting sold next summer.

Wasn’t good enough but I never felt like he was anything more than a consummate professional. He worked hard whenever he did play and just ultimately wasn’t really good enough.

13 Likes

Yeah, plus he took on a couple of knife wielding thugs all by himself, which gave us all some amusement.

Özil must be panicking that his bodyguard is leaving.

8 Likes

Speaks volumes about his desire to play that he’s also willing to forego some of his wages just to get some game time and start playing again.

6 Likes

Bit surprised Ozil isn’t interested in helping his boyhood club from relegation tbh.

Makes sense from my POV in terms of advertising what he’s got left ahead of becoming a free agent, good PR move helping Schalke and proving Arteta wrong if he plays well. Still would get his full salary regardless

Thanks for everything bouncer Kola

1 Like

Spot in, in terms of the latest phase of our banter era, he holds some small measure of cult status for taking on a knife wielding cunt and protecting his teammate.

Wish him all the best, for sure. I liked him apart from him being quite shit.

4 Likes

perfect summary hahaha

1 Like

Maybe he’ll go to Gelsenkirchen as well :person_in_steamy_room:

Respect if he’s now willing to take a wage cut to play regularly

Feel he’s been the typical very disappointing and very over expensive type of signing we’ve made far too often in recent years.

He’s a mediocre prem standard at best but on CL level top salary.

Definitely needs clearing out. Would much rather see AMN or Saka as the left back cover for Tierney- both a mile better than Kola.

Hope we clear out a number of the other expensive tossers with him. Will open some champagne when Ozil finally stops wrecking our wage bill while he plays Fortnite- hopefully will go with him.

4 Likes