Sead Kolašinac

Happy to take this back if it happens, but surely there is no fucking way we get15m for him lol

3 Likes

Tweet just says that we want that much, absolutely no reason to think anyone’s actually gonna pay that lol

1 Like

Imagine losing a player for free, seeing him play like shit and his fans want him out the door then paying 15m and double the wage to have him back :poldi:

2 Likes

We’ll settle at 10 :grin:

I’d take any fee for this guy, I honestly think he’s the biggest fraud in the squad.

1 Like

Any fee over £5m we should take and just be thankful he’s off the wage budget as well

5 Likes

Now imagine that club is not Arsenal.

4 Likes

Ornstein’s Monday column

Following the controversial sale of youth product Grady Diangana to West Bromwich Albion, West Ham are planning to invest, and the primary focus is their defence, with targets under consideration at centre-back and both full-back positions.

Among their left-back options are said to be Chelsea’s Emerson Palmieri and Arsenal’s Sead Kolasinac, while it is thought that Shakhtar Donetsk centre-back Mykola Matviyenko is another of interest.

2 Likes

Those crazy sons of bitches just might be the ones to take Kolasinac off us. It really could work! Such a West Ham transfer.

5 Likes

Lucas Perez 2

2 Likes

Fuck, I forgot they signed him :joy::joy::joy:

Truly what was Wenger doing signing him in the first place haha (Lucas that is)

1 Like

Didn’t he have a great season in La Liga last season lol. Some players are just suited to some leagues, Perez is just suited to La Liga.

Lucas Perez was probably a StatDNA signing?

1 Like

part of the statDNA choice over the scouts’, that’s from the Athletic I think, iirc. The scouts wanted us to trigger Jamie Vardy’s clause instead, Vardy didn’t want to leave Leicester I think. No scout were for/had recommended Mustafi either, that was a pure statDNA pick, that’s from Cagigao’s interview.

Then I’ve heard but not sure that it was Gazidis’ idea to try the statDNA recommendations over the scouts’, but no idea if true, need citations on that. Either way now we sacked the scouts and decided to go full statDNA.

Before we get riled up over that though: It might work out better with other people behind the wheel than we had in the disastrous 16/17 window (Elec’s bald friend). We also have years of experience with how to treat the data from it, or we know better how to combine it with other sources of information, we’ll see, but imo feelsreallybad to sack some of our key and longest remaining scouts like Cagigao.

1 Like

You can’t say that bro. Any good signing that happened in Wenger’s last 5 years was because of his insane scouting vision. Any shit signing was because of Gazidis / StatDNA. That’s how it works.

Wenger has no blame or fault whatsoever in any of shite signings before he was let go. But he takes all the credit for the good ones.

7 Likes

Lucas Perez signing was so random.
I was a big fan of the guy since his time at PAOK and Deportivo. I wanted Madrid to get him as a squad player.
Hearing that we were interested was so odd. I couldn’t believe it till we actually signed him. Felt like a panic buy, and ended like one.

I’d be surprised if WBA could afford Kolasinac’s wages.

WBA? It’s West Ham haha

Ah fuck what am I reading, they could maybe, let’s fucking hope it happens :heart_eyes:.

1 Like

We triggered the clause. Vardy turned us down for not offering a long enough deal. Leicester were offering a longer contract

1 Like