Sead Kolašinac

We have complained so many years about our fullbacks lack of crossing ability. But boy this guy hits some bangers !

10 Likes

One of our best players love him!

1 Like

Exactly! Having him and Hector down the wings would have made us difficult to handle.

https://twitter.com/OeziIIusion/status/1085510382637076480

Our attacking mentality :arteta:

2 Likes

Kola, the eastern Europe assist machine.

I also like him for his taste in dogs. He’s got a grey Rhodesian Ridgeback

Fuck off with your dogs Alexis

1 Like

It was a good performance against crap opposition but it doesn’t change anything for me. Should be sold if we get a decent offer.

He’s an average talent whose top heavy attacking qualities are overemphasized in a flawed makeshift formation that should be redundant next season if we buy properly.

He’s an EL level talent who on a bloated contract in comparison in to his ability, should be sold for a better defender

4 Likes

Or take a pay cut I guess

1 Like

Told ya, this guy is lethal at LM. Having Monreal behind him is covering his flaws atm. Not sure how much we can rely on him without someone having an eye for him.

Well by that logic we would need to sell half of our team, i think you are a little harsh, he is quick and strong and has great crossing skills, we are poor defensively as a team, if we were to improve in that area he would also thrive.
since bellerin went down one of the most important players for us, if you ask me

1 Like

He also gets overly criticised for his defensive abilities, whereas we saw last night he’s no stranger to the crisp goal-saving tackle

Kola good Kola smash opponent Kola hit hard Me like Kola

9 Likes

Don’t think he’s as bad as some make out tbh, the modern day full back are heavily reliant on their attacking nous and Kola is good in that area.

He doesn’t have the desirable weight between attack and defence, however, if we were to sell him we’d need two new LB’ s since Montreal is DONE which considering the other pressing needs in the squad would be ill advised.

We should relegate Monreal to 4th choice CB/emergency LB cover for the last year of his contract and buy someone that can push or unsurp Kola. He can definitely be useful and honestly I don’t see us selling him.

1 Like

Kodor, Kodor, Kodor

1 Like

I need to pay more attention, missed him playing at LM.

He certainly isn’t a LWB, wing backs are supposed to help th defense out. Monreal occupied the defending aspect of things down the left.

Big call that.

Even if we bring in players he’s shown how flexible he is with formations all season. We’ve seen him go with all of 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 5-2-3 and 3-4-1-2 (5-2-1-2).

5 at the back looks like a major system of his and Kolasinac has been absolutely key to our build up in it.

Do you really trust him in a back 4? Dude cba to defend nowadays.

Not a big call at all, Emery is known to favour the 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3. He’s been forced into the makeshift 3AB formations because: 1) We have terrible defensive personnel in midfield and defence. 2) Our wing/wide forward options are garbage and inconsistent. 3) We’ve been heavily reliant on FB’s providing width and crosses in the final third

It’s odd for fans to turn a blind eye to his defensive deficiencies in a year where were on course to have the worse defensive record in the top 6 and score in the bottom half in the league on many defensive statistics. It’s embarrassing and everybody from the midfield down needs to be scrutinised. It’s a massive personnel and tactical issue, it’ll be amazing if we make CL in light of this but if we do we have to turnover and rid ourselves of the worse of late stage Wenger buys

If we can get better quality on the wing that automatically reduces the need to rely on FB’s to be the sole providers of width in the final third. 3AB should not a sustainable blueprint for our starting 11 going into the future.

Kolasinac at LB in a back 4 is a liability, his defensive qualities aren’t suited for the top level at all. He needs the support of the left sided CB in a 3 to cover and support him. He lives in the category of player whose capabilities are limited to EL runs and scrapping for 4th place, we have to rid ourselves of as many of these as we can to solidify our place in the top four with eyes on the title.

This discussion is all moot anyway, it’s looking like Emery is going to retain faith in the squad going into the next season whilst United bounce back. We’re not equipped for a meaningful squad turnover

1 Like

Actually at the beginning of the season there were quite some analysis of his style talking about how in his system fullbacks are responsible for provider width. I think this is also by design. And by using three at the back he’s also able, which is fair play to him Wenger didn’t do that enough, to play Aubameyang and Lacazette together sometimes. I think do give him credit for that in his management he’s not dead set on a certain set up, but is flexible. It will be interesting going forward what choices he will make.

It is more often than not boring as fuck tho. You can see the (modern) Spanish school a little bit imo.

1 Like