Sead Kolašinac

Would like to keep him. He’s improved a lot this year. Especially in his fitness levels.

2 Likes

Agreed, think he’s more than capable as an attacking outlet on the left and has shown it plenty enough times this season.

If we’re selling Kolasinac then I’m expecting half the squad to be dismantled, because there’s actual dross and declining players that should be moved on first

4 Likes

Kola would annihilate that league.

I like him and think his contributions have been good this season, but at that kind of price I’d be more than willing to sell and buy an LB that can play in more than one formation.

4 Likes

£20m and I’d throw in a couple of free handjobs to make sure the deal went through

4 Likes

He is not as bad as some of you lot make.it out to be.
Within this shower of shit, he is one of our better players.

We sell him then we need to find two left backs as opposed to one.
I would keep.

Arsenal, or rather any club do not have a history of making wholesale purchases of all quality players. We have to prioritise who can we let go without the need to find a replacement.
We already have so many holes. To add more to it, will only increase workload in summer.

With or without Saed we need to find a starting left back of real quality, so I’d prefer his transfer fee to help fund that, unless you think we can just go out and spend 40 million quid on a LB ?

1 Like

This strategy only leads to us needing a backup left back, who will cost us 10-15m.

Why do we need to spend 40m on first choice left back?

He has been our mail creative outlet this season, that too from a defensive position. He’s a little gung-ho in his attacking approach but has shown improvement defensively and is the ideal player for a wing back role if we are playing with a back 3. And it’s not that he’s alien to a more defensive approach he used to played in a back 3 several times for Schalke.
Players who are far worse have gone for a lot more and selling for 20m would be stupidity, cause knowing this club there is no way in hell we’ll be able to find a suitable replacement.

2 Likes

We don’t need to spend 40 if we can sign a top quality one for a lot less, but you know how it often goes, better quality generally costs more money.

40m worth LB are rare to come by. Most likely we will spend that amount of run of the mill midfielders.

Fullbacks should be the easiest position to recruit for. Amazes me how teams scout the world and come up with so much dross.
Should really be able to produce your own or spot a prospect and coach them to a decent level. Ffs united have done okay with converting Young and Valencia and even Millner does a half decent job at Liverpool or city in the past.
Lower leagues are scattered with them really. Just gets over thought this position in the modern day game.

6 Likes

Liverpool got that wee cocky Scot on the cheap too and he’s class

5 Likes

Yeah was going to say this. There are several decent prospects in the Championship. But no doubt some of our fans would frown upon that. “Sorry he didn’t cost £55m”

2 Likes

Yeah when Liverpool bought Moreno he was bigged up by their fans as a great signing. They bemoaned the owners when they brought in Robertson.
Thats the fucked up outlook of a lot of fans now. Judging the book by the cover type of thing.

I get your point, however, not sure this is wholly true, if it was so easy why did City go out and spend damn near £50mil each for two FB’s?

When it comes to the aspirations of a top club have United really done okay? I think it’s a key reason as to their decline tbh.

I’d agree with you that you should be able to spot talent and coach to good level but it’s not that easy, how many Robertson’s are there around?Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons look like good prospects but they’re not exactly a secret anymore plus who knows how they’ll fair at PL level.

I think good fullbacks are almost as hard to find as CB’s as far as top clubs go.

Because they can.
They bought Mahrez just so they have someone play Ludo with Jesus on bench.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Thats brilliant.

Interesting seeing a positive case for Kolasinac being made by some posters. Fair arguments all round tbh.

Fact that he’s been a primary offensive outlet doesnt mean much to me tbh. It’s clear Emery has been overreliant in Full backs to provide witdth in light of our poor and inconsistent wing options. It allows Kola more attacking opportunities at the expense of our defensive structure. There’s a reason we have the worse defensive record in the top 6 and 16th best clean record in the league and Kolasinac is a part of it

The the 3 CB formations feel like a reactive move in light of injuries and poor wide personnel rather than the blueprint for the future. I think we’ll move to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with more wide forward additions in the summer. His replacement will hardly be incapable of of playing the position anyway

He hasn’t really shown any improvement in his defensive ability. Can only manage in a deep block or less so with direct assistance in more expansive matches. He’s terrible with one on ones and regularly gets taken to town by average wingers. Hes just not good enough the defensive third in any respect. He’s Europa league level at best and he’s grossly overpaid for what he offers. £20m+ offer is a blessing really, it’s too good to be true

We can get better value and more complete players elsewhere. Fullback is historically one of the cheapest areas on the pitch, it easy to find above average talents at reasonable cost. I have alot more faith in the new regime on transfers. Seems silly to retain average player because of an unfounded fear we’d be unable to find better quality out there

1 Like

Why should we sell one of out most constant player this season? We need depth above everything.