Scum

2 Likes

Yeah, Arteta is in good shape too but he is freshly retired. Is he in his 40s yet? :sweat_smile:
Give him a good decade of coaching. Then weā€™ll see how he fairs.
Cholo is another one in good shape.

its easy to stay lean when you smoke 2 packs a day. Arteta is pure beef and broccoli my dude.

Shame he canā€™t manage like Cholo.

1 Like

They have similarities. Especially early Arteta showed his nasty side of playing ugly.
He was more Cholo than Pep, I think itā€™s only the past year and a half maybe where we see some Pep characteristics in Arteta.

Arteta wonā€™t ever get to Simeoneā€™s level, unfortunately for Arsenal.

2 Likes

I think he can. But weā€™ll see.

think he wanted to start building from defence so we sacked our attack a bit and didnā€™t score much the first season. this season we started playing a bit further up but started conceding more, so it didnā€™t really work lol

2 Likes

Conte accelerating the process of running Kane and Son to the ground. :syringe:
Poor Ndombele wonā€™t last the military camp.

Or these pricks come back like motherfucking T-1000s :arteta:

Anyway, when did intense training sessions become a thing lol? First it was Ten Hag getting kudos for making his players run lots, and now Conte.

The spin doctoring that goes on for football clubs continues to hit new heights

5 Likes

ā€œCollapsingā€ seems a dramatic way of saying ā€œtaking a breatherā€, theyā€™re not migrant workers building stadiums in Qatar in 40 degree heat.

15 Likes

Thank you sir

This would only count if football fans were paying ticket prices in proportion to the player wages & transfer fee spent.
The money spent on Ben White, Ramsdale, Odegaard exceeds our gate receipts.

We cannot cry about rising ticket prices and also expect owners to spend ridiculous sums in the market

The value of a club is built up over a long period, often more than a century, of supporters paying a large proportion of their income to watch games or buy merchandise.

The only exception to this is where an owner puts his own money in a club and spends more than it earns or is worth.

We are a commodity to Kroenke and he is not going to invest any more than is necessary to keep the supporters spending their money.

1 Like

Looks like Conteā€™s military camp is causing a bit of stir.

Seen some clips, itā€™s definitely excessive.
Some think itā€™s unnecessary and others say it worked for his previous teams.

I personally think there are some benefits to it, especially for younger players but Kane and Son being involved in this with their injuy record in mindbcould backfire big time.

Would be lovely if Kane and Son get tired of the training methods and throw in a transfer request.

They donā€™t strike me as such players but if they think their body is collapsing due to his training methods then I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they raise their concerns with Conte and perhaps Levy.

Totally agree. They already seem willing to sacrifice any chance of glory in their careers by staying at Spurs, so neither really seems the type to kick up a fuss and get a mutiny going lol

5 Likes

Alasdair Gold

@AlasdairGold

You know it was brutal when youā€™ve even got the England captain being sick by the side of the pitch. Without doubt the most gruelling training session Iā€™ve seen in the flesh, especially for those who have just joined up with the squad after their holidays. football.london/tottenham-hotsā€¦

Conte went to spurs and after a few games turned them around and got top four, at our expense.

Heā€™s got his transfer business done quickly and effectively and has bought in players that he knows will do a job for him.
He knows he has to do something this season because heā€™ll probably move on after it and both Kane and Son are at their peak.

If the players are being pushed to the limit itā€™s because Conte is a winner and wants them to have the same attitude.
Feeling exhausted after a training session should be normal for a highly paid professional footballer.

I just wish he was here, rather than there.

1 Like

Nah, I was only joking. Though too rigorous a training sessions could hurt them down the line given their injury history.