Scum

They’re not sacking Jose and giving him his mega pay off, then hiring Europe’s most coveted young manager. If that happens then Levy must have access to deeper pockets than I thought.

3 Likes

At least they’ve had a go.

Meh.

And I’ve always maintained we should do more but I’m not going to be jealous of thier ultimately pointless endeavours.

1 Like

Yep, if.

So let’s not ride Tottenham dick to denigrate our club, particularly when it’s purely hypothetical anyway.

There’s enough ammo to criticise our club with without running wild with hypothetical, imaginary situations in which Spurs hire an excellent young manager.

If they do hire him (they won’t) then I’ll be right there alongside you complaining.

2 Likes

Naggelsmann would be silly to goto Spurs. Like Mourinho says you can only do so much with their lack of squad depth. It would make much more sense to goto Bayern or Real Madrid

Mourinho will win them the League Cup and they’ll stop crying.

1 Like

Fuck Spurs and fuck Mourinho, they all deserve each other.

1 Like

8 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I think once you accept you’ll never win anything big without a serious fluke and when 4th becomes success you’ll always be soft.

Spurs have always been that and we’ve become it in the past decade.

I’d say Keane’s vs Redknapp’s careers are basically the same story too so I’m not surprised their opinions differ. Trying to bring up one season where they won a R16 tie in the CL as them not being soft, fucking hell :joy:

6 Likes

The couple of years Poch had them challenging for the title and I’d say 1 season under Redknapp, Spurs weren’t soft. They have been on the whole, though.

The hyperbole Keane comes out with is tiresome.

1 Like

This never happened.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure they challenged for the title one year, and they were far enough behind Chelsea by the end that they could put the pressure on without themselves having to be under serious pressure to close that gap.

The only other season I can remember is the Leicester one, where I actually thought they had turned a corner and would win it but they ended up third behind our sorry arses.

Their cup performances have been weak from what I can recall too, to the point that Poch had to pretend they weren’t even after cups.

2 Likes

It did, but keep convincing yourself it didn’t. Help yourself to a cookie.

It’s hilarious watching Keane trolling Redknap knowing he’s ex-Spurs. The way he keeps repeating ‘softness to the Spurs’.

2 Likes

Yea the season they were second to Chelsea and the season they finished 3rd in the 2 horse race they were challengers.

1 Like

Isn’t it weird how the likes of Jenas and Redknapp find themselves to have an allegiance and affiliation to Spurs? They weren’t even there for that long in their careers.

Lineker never shows any affiliation with Everton and their fans don’t with him even though he had a great season with him.

2 Likes

Yeah they were never in a title race. They were always within reasonable distance that if the leading team lost like 3 games then Spurs would be in with a shout but they were never in with a proper shout.

Even the season they finished with 80+ points, they were never in with a serious chance of winning the title.

Poch greatest achievement is stabilising Spurs as a top 4 team but outside of that they were soft. Awful in cup competitions and always fell apart in the league when it mattered.

5 Likes