Scum

Yeah but a lot of people do.

Just another indication of Spurs forgetting the working class roots of football, and fucking fans who may not have credit cards.

Of course many of you may say those kinds of fans are probably not gonna be able to afford a ticket to see spurs anyways and I guess you’d be right. But still, this is yet another barrier. For shame.

2 Likes

Who doesn’t have a debit card these days? Like actually? Cashless doesn’t mean you have to have a credit card

I guess older people might not be comfortable/familiar with contactless. Or teenagers who aren’t old enough. But what are the gift cards? Can people who don’t want to use card just upload some money onto one of them?

1 Like

Interesting concept, seems like a smart way to go in fairness

I thought you guys would be ahead in terms of cashless payments.
Guess I still have lot to know about the world.

Great ideas from Tottenham. I hardly ever use cash. Contactless is :crown:

Winds me up how these days nobody thinks of drug dealers, some people operate purely cash businesses.

11 Likes

I remember going to games at Highbury in the eighties, when it was obviously only cash and because there were no seats in the North Bank, you just paid your money, walked through the turnstile and there would be piles of money on the desk next to the ticket seller.
I presume there was a counter when the turnstile went round but there must have been plenty of opportunity to cream some money off.

I also worked with someone who was a steward at West Ham as well, and he said that they would let people into the ground after the game had started, through a side entrance, and they could make a few hundred quid some weeks in backhanders and the club wouldn’t find out.

5 Likes

That doesn’t make it a great idea. If you offer both then people like us who basically only ever use their cards are sorted, people who prefer cash, they’re also sorted.

4 Likes

Each to their own but I don’t know why anyone would prefer cash haha

If you’re a builder and you get paid cash, you have to go to the bank and pay it in so that you can buy a pie at a football match.

If you’re a 12 year old kid whose just got 60 quid of birthday money and you want to buy something overpriced from your club shop.

Plenty of reasonable reasons for ordinary people to have cash.

3 Likes

There are also times when machines or systems can fail, so you need a backup method. You should never fully rely on electronic technology for all means. Although cash is slowly being used less, it still has it’s purposes. Even simple things like parking paying machines, it’s better using cash.

3 Likes

Tax dodging cunts.

Long live the cashless society. Can’t be fucked carrying around paper and metal coins like I’m some fucking Roman cunt from 2000 years ago.

6 Likes

If you believe each to their own then Tottenham’s cashless policy is categorically not a great idea

:grin:

2 Likes

I think it is others may disagree. For me its a great idea better? :bellerin:

Well I guess we are, for those that have it.

But many people still use cash and I guess less so in London. But I feel accommodation for everyone would be ideal.

3 Likes

i reckon this cashless stuff isnt much more than stopping theft and potential break-ins etc because no cash will be there instead of being progressive or whatever.

1 Like

I know more people that have suffered credit card fraud than I do people who’ve had money stolen.

2 Likes

I mean for the club…they dont give a fuck if you get defrauded as long as they don’t get their cash stolen which can’t happen if none is around and it’s all electronic transactions

1 Like

Fwiw, Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta is cashless. They do offer reverse ATMs.

Runs very smoothly. Beer line is fast.

3 Likes