Santi Cazorla

Giroud doing the bits…

Always put in the work against City

That city line up was poverty, I shit on Pep but he’s really taken City to another level.

That’s one accusation rarely leveled against them. :arteta:

But yeah, it’s incredible what almost a billion pounds in players — never mind staff or infrastructure and excellent rehabilitation services will do for a club.

Makes you wonder what Pep would do with a national team that has a restricted player pool.

2 Likes

He will never manage a country like Denmark or Sweden for sure.

1 Like

Ah finally a post on OA @Cristo won’t like. :laca2:

2 Likes

:rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

Glad someone concured with me on this. He was a really good finisher, just tarnished by that second season with us.

Annual viewing of Santi Magic

Also some drink some tears

4 Likes

Absolute filth.

1 Like

My GOAT

Maybe my favorite non-legendary player to ever play for the club. It was never entirely clear to me if the club botched his injury in addition to him having some sort of infection (iirc they did a skin graft at one point). I just feel like we got cheated out of seeing more of him and being able to say goodbye to him.

5 Likes

It’s all about timing isn’t it. Santi joined just as RvP left and he ended up with players like Giroud, Walcott, Chamakh, Bendtner in his first season, and it didn’t really get much better thereafter. He was too good for some of the dross we had playing for us around that time.

3 Likes

What was Wenger thinking when he had a midfield of Cazorla, Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey but persisted with Giroud in front of them for so long?

Beats me.

If we had gone all in on any striker worth his salt back then the 15/16 league title would have been ours.

1 Like

Santi should have joined Real Madrid when he had the chance. Would have had a bigger reputation

1 Like
4 Likes

<3

I honestly resent that Wenger had Santi, Sanchez and Ozil in the same fucking team but couldn’t sign a high quality striker and a quality CM to partner these guys.

9 Likes