Santi Cazorla

Ahhh in their days playing for Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship

5 Likes

He was taken from us to soon :sleepy:

1 Like

never really liked Monreal

1 Like

He turned out good I think. Had a shaky first 6 months coming in January and declined physically in his last season but apart from that, he was pretty good. Better overall than Kola and Gibbs(big shame he couldn’t get a full season in).

1 Like

The kind of guy we kept in the side just because we had bigger problems to worry about. In an ideal world he’d have been shipped along a lot sooner than he was or at least replaced in the starting line up.

1 Like

Turned out to be the best LB since Ashley, although admittedly not much competition :grin:

Monreal was better than most of the players in other position.
In a better side, he would have looked much better.

4 Likes

I really hoped Gibbs would catch a break but every time he got things rolling he got injured.
Who remembers Andre Santos? :rofl:

1 Like

I remember when he didn’t know Benayoun had to return to Chelsea from loan

1 Like

Monreal was underrated. Extremely technical player.

2 Likes

Cazorla and Monreal look world class compared to what we have now.
Cazorla was a classy player but had too many injuries and Monreal was a pretty decent defender, as well as being versatile.

2 Likes

Our best LB of The Emirates Era.

Until Tierney takes it in a few seasons :grin:

1 Like

Gibbs for me was

Gibbs could have been but as mentioned before, each time he hit consistency, he would get injured. Even worse for his international career was that he would get injured just before international selection.

2 Likes

I liked Gibbs but Nacho was different levels :grin:

1 Like

Gibbs was shit. Nice guy but terrible LB

1 Like

:heart::yellow_heart:

8 Likes

Come here, join us you fat ballerina you. join Arteta. You don’t even have to really do anything here, just walk around being yourself all day, guaranteed it’ll make us play better football somehow.

8 Likes

This sounds strangely familiar :pires2: :pires1:

14 Likes

Yes! haha just like Pires :pires1:

1 Like