Safe standing in English football

Go on Shrewsbury! :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/879596660069998592

Bet it gets refused. But I hope it doesnt.

1 Like

All away ends should be safe standing anyway tbh.

AFC Wimbledon have got terraces, I’ve stood on them several times. Am I missing something here?

The only thing missing would be a crowd.
The away support at a Wimbledon match probably all come in the same car :grinning:

The all seater rule only applies to top two divisions and stadiums built after a certain date.

What’s that certain date? I tried looking but couldn’t find the answer withing 5 minutes lol

It’s in the article :smile:

Shrewsbury’s Greenhous Meadow is 10 years old so is not governed by the all-seater stadiums legislation which permits clubs in Leagues One and Two to keep terraces that existed before 1994.

Although it’s terraces as opposed to stadiums so I got it slightly wrong.

I guess reading the OP in full might have helped haha

1 Like
2 Likes

Haha safe standing, bruh you got stewards telling people to quiet down because their making to much noise :joy: good luck with the standing

Celtic have had it for years without any problems tbf

1 Like

I know but the people of Islington seem to always be moaning about the noise coming from the Emirates. So you get dickhead stewards always trying to regulate.

But yeah would be amazing if safe standing was introduced.

4 Likes

Could always put a roof on the stadium, a la some american arenas. After all, we’re in the age of appeasing minorities.

1 Like

Imagine if they actually lived next to a noisy stadium haha

2 Likes

Arsenal not want it?

Says further down the article

while Arsenal are already in talks with supporters about making a safe-standing provision for next season.

1 Like
1 Like

I don’t think English football culture has a tradition of throwing missiles (not anymore anyway, if ever).

Would have made it easier for those idiots to throw bottles at Rodri yesterday