Ryan Fraser

For a club like Arsenal, it isn’t cheap at all. No cross comparison with other clubs is needed here

Any player we sign for £30m+ is likely expected to be an automatic starter. It’d be ridiculous to spend that much on someone who isn’t

Considering our squad and utter lack of wide options he could be an automatic starter for sure.

7 Likes

That maybe be true, point is £30m isn’t “cheap” for Arsenal in light of our finite budget and unwillingness to supplement it through player sales

I get your point, considering the budget it may not be a cheap fee, however, at circa £30mil how many players are better?

Fraser is fairly young with some upside and PL experience. Unfourtunately doesn’t seem like we’ll be able to sign Fekir and the like because of the need to strengthen in multiple areas.

Would be a good singing even at that fee.

2 Likes

Agree, I wouldn’t have an issue paying that much for the player

Transfer fees are partially determined on what other players sell for and what the market does. If other options go for 10 million more he is cheap in comparison.

Another factor is that you don’t just buy players on what they can do for you today. Fraser is 25. If he develops well you can have five+ years of service out of him.

As far as our budget goes. Fraser isn’t a proven entity, but if you’re going for two players of 15 million you get into the players who have proven even less, like the Guendouzi’s of the world, or you really need to stumble upon a gem. What’s the wise choice?

I doubt this dudes credibility btw. Players are mentioned for an Arsenal transfer and suddenly he pops up after and has heard shit too. Gtfo.

Haven’t really followed to be honest… IIRC he stuck out as a dangerous, fast, and tricky/brave customer when I have seen, but others would have to comment… wouldn’t be against it. We will only have so many funds to go around and assuming we invest in CB, a wing option, and a CM, that is probably all we can realistically do this summer unless we have mass exodus.

Reminds me a lot of Vardy tbh. His timing/runs are definitely worth our time. It’s crazy how he is booming right now. That quality is usually hard to develop and requires experience at a high level, hence reminiscing of Vardy’s breakout year.
Think he could vital at a UCL level with a more than likely counter attacking approach against proper teams.
Dunno about the sources but it’s a YES, YES, YES(!) from me.

Richarlison went for £35m with £15m in add ons and Anderson went for £36m just to actually add more weight to your point.

3 Likes

Fraser for 30m isn’t cheap but unfortunately we are.

If we can’t afford to take a punt on a player that is unlikely to lose value over the next few seasons, then we are not going to be challenging for anything apart from the top four trophy.

We could easily afford Fraser, a top quality CB and a Ramsey replacement but I’m not sure we have the owner to do it.

2 Likes

But if those three are (potential) starters that’s fine by me. With Leno, Bellerin, Lacazette or Auba, Holding or Sokratis and Torreira we have five players who in my opinion are good enough/deserve to be starting next season. Replacing Monreal/Kolasinac, Xhaka we can do in the summer of 2020. Babysteps.

1 Like

Yep, main priority this summer has to be Mustafi out and replaced.

We can do the other things later

1 Like

Agreed. The culling of the BASTARD is the most important objective of our summer. Possibly our whole lives. I see no greater threat to humanity than he.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, i know who he is now. He has been good for Bournemouth.

Having a fantastic season, but not overly sure on what his ceiling is, think this may well be his career type season. I suppose if the price was relatively cheap I wouldn’t mind it, but not the sort of signing that’ll have me jumping out of my seat with excitement.

2 Likes

No Scottish bastarts.

:bellerin:

Little chance we’re going to sign someone like that in the final third unfourtunately.

A good player rather than a great one looks to be what we’ll be able to bring in if any at all.

1 Like

With Laca, Auba and Ozil around we don’t really have much right to be demanding a similarly exciting player. We have big name, glamour players in our front line. We need to supplement them with players of the right age and quality, that isn’t the same as needing players with a huge reputation or a massive fee attached.

Not lecturing you btw as if I disagree with you, just agreeing with your sentence and using it as a jumping off point for my own opinion.

3 Likes

Yeah I want any MADNESS WOW signing to be at CB.

We’ve been due one of those for ages.

Since Sol

1 Like