Ryan Fraser

Good thing Ozil kept his money. Can’t trust Raul to use it properly if that’s true.

Can’t believe people turning their nose at him.

Alright he’s not had the greatest season this time but 21 G + A last season. He’s a very smart signing on a free transfer. Our wingers are shit aswell. I’d love to see him on the other side of Pèpe. Or on the bench as an actual depth option.

1 Like

He should be in his peak though, Calum. Instead he’s out there at 26 scoring 1 goal all season. I guess some people are wondering if he is a one season wonder.

Personally I’m pretty neutral on it. I assume his wages won’t be astronomical? Worth a punt I guess given that it’s unlikely we’re going to go all out for anyone in the top bracket.

1 Like

I thought he was going to be a 1 hit wonder, glad we didn’t spend 30 million quid or whatever it was on him.

Wouldn’t be a thread on OA without at least one, not-so-subtle “look at how right I was” from you :joy:

7 Likes

I was all aboard the Pepe train though and he hasn’t set the world on fire :grimacing:

1 Like

Think it was evident he lost his hunger and drive whilst running his contract down which affected his performances, Eriksen was similar in that regard.

1 Like

I think it’s a signing of decent potential. His final ball into the box is top draw and he has plenty of pace

I don’t think he will be on massive wages at Bournemouth and he won’t get many opportunities to play for a club of our stature and he so with no transfer fee it’s a good bit of business and, if it doesn’t work out, I’m sure we can sell him on.

We are desperate for quality and depth on the wing so even if he is only used as a squad player it’s still a pretty decent signing and hopefully we might get a genuine top quality attacking wide player to go with him.

I’m not so sure we’d be able to sell him on easily if he doesn’t work out.

1 Like

Depends on the wage and how he performed for us. Does he count as homegrown?

Good thing about Fraser is that if he doesn’t really convince by next year then you can sell to a mid-table side for a good fee. :man_shrugging:

If he has two shit seasons in a row, which mid-table club do you imagine paying a “good” fee for him? And what would you class as good?

1 Like

Yeah I can easily see bottom half clubs especially newly promoted ones taking a punt on Fraser who’s done well at that level even if he does flop at arsenal

Everton or West Ham

1 Like

Having good squad players is vital. Players who aren’t going to be the first names in the line up, but can step in when required.

Fraser seems perfect for that type of role.

5 Likes

Won’t drain the bank and could be a good squad option. A rather sensible and boring transfer but makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

FIFY. Nobody is going to buy this guy at a big or even medium price if he shits the bed at Arsenal.

If his wages aren’t outrageous I don’t see why he wouldn’t have a market between £10m to £15m down the line.

Exactly.