Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

This club is riddled absolutely riddled.

Why would any player want to join this fucking club. Worst run club in England.

Fucking blow it up

4 Likes

You’re giving the club too much credit. We didn’t even need scouts to see this red flag. The fans saw the red flag. Blind Barbara who hates football saw the red flag.

3 Likes

This is what happens when you sell a decent player for good money, pocket most of the profits and then buy a cheap version.
Or our other area of expertise, spend big and turn him into a cheap player.

We’ve been doing it since Kroenke arrived at the club.

3 Likes

Surely we could have just promoted Macey

3 Likes

Also my mate Ragnar is this guys cousin.

Definitely going to grief the shit out of him tonight.

3 Likes

Should never have sold Martinez - at least he bought a calmness to the defence. This kid is a joke !?

2 Likes

Not really… we have spent a TON more since Kroenke took over fully - the issue is that we spend badly. But this GK situation is something else entirely imho.

This guy was some scout’s total and utter shambles of a failure. There was some rationale to sell Martinez who wanted FT football and could fetch a decent fee… problem is we didn’t have an adequate back up behind him (apparently) and then picked up this knucklehead.

Back-up GK are cheap and often homegrown b/c they get so few minutes… but this guy - wow… as others have said, he barely looked amateur.

2 Likes

No point in having Martinez if we were only going to play him in the carabao cup though

1 Like

Yeah exactly - it is the hardest thing about GK - you get a 2nd who starts performing and getting a taste for FT football, and you pretty much have to let them go.

1 Like

He would have got minutes if Leno ever got injured. Would also have kept him in place after his streak of form - proper push Leno for that number 1 spot.

2 Likes

He wanted FT football and to be first choice - at his age having waited that long and showing something which could bring some fee back, it was pretty much the right thing to do.

1 Like

Yeah but that’s not exactly an enticing offer for Martinez who is making his mark as one of the best goalies in the Prem lol

3 Likes

Hang on, what? You being serious?

1 Like

Course he is

2 Likes

Your second choice keeper is an important player. They don’t need to be great but they need to not be shit.

I’ve been saying we obviously won’t get relegated, but if Leno gets injured then we could legitimately be going down with a keeper who can concede at any moment and a team who can’t score.

3 Likes

Yeah I actually agree with this lol… I think it is really hard to get relegated given how bad the bottom 3 are, but with RUIN ARSE in goal, we could challenge them.

1 Like

We could have easily got an older PL experienced GK, for the same money and, if we needed him, he could have walked into the first team and taken over straight away.
That’s what normal clubs do.
Why do we have to do everything so different?

2 Likes

9 Likes

I remember when I was 8 and we used to get the bus to go swimming at Swiss Cottage we used to go past some flats called Craig House, and I managed to convince at least 5 stupid 8 year olds in my class that it was owned by me and my family.

I feel like Ragnar probably did a similar thing when he saw Arsenal sign a player with the one of the six Icelandic surnames names that happened to match his own.

7 Likes

Hahaha not really a claim to fame that’ll get you any street cred to be fair. I’d probably not tell anyone if it was me :arteta:

1 Like