Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

The goals he conceded tonight look worse with every watch. Who the hell thought this would be a good signing lol

4 Likes

Fuck I missed this game due to work, I’m intrigued to see replays of the goals later.

1 Like

Any injury to Leno and we’re legit fucked. Will probably have to go and buy a keeper in January as well.

Definitely will. IF we did get caught up in a dog fight he would really put us in trouble.

2 Likes

So Arteta watches this dood in training and gives him play time. Arteta also watches Saliba and decides to bury him in the u23’s. Great judge of talent we’ve got on our hands. Diamond Eye Mikel :joy::joy:

12 Likes

Yeah he just looks like a fucking idiot.

Of all the goals that were somewhat stoppable the free kick looked the worst on first watch, but actually it may be the least shit in hindsight because at least it might fall into the realm of an honest mistake.

But on goal 1 he’s basically just flapping and isn’t even attempting to be between the ball and the net because he seems to think he’s making a routine catch, and on goal 3 he’s making the opponents mind up for him by committing early for no reason and giving him a clear sight of goal.

Those are more what make him look like he doesn’t actually know how to be a goalkeeper, so I doubt he’s been nailing it in training for 3 months.

5 Likes

Remembering this from his signing video, as if we had to work hard to convince him to sign for the club :rofl:

1 Like

“runaralex does not exist”

Unfortunately for us, this statement is untrue.

10 Likes

Feel bad for the kid. We are such a dumb fucking club that we buy this guy clearly not knowing a single thing about him, and thrust him into the limelight to play against City :joy::joy: No way should he have ever been in this situation.

5 Likes

How do recruitment and finances get so bad that we give a contract to a French 2nd division backup GK to be OUR main back up GK?

Imagine Matt Macey knowing he got sided for a complete and utter amateur.

This guy makes a solid argument for being the worst signing I’ve seen in my 28 years alive.

5 Likes

So far. January in a few more days.

3 Likes

Arteta preferred Leno to Martinez, because as we know, the guy is a moron.

His coach knew a guy, and here we are.

2 Likes

In fairness, that is one of the only things Arteta has got right…Leno is by far, the better keeper…

2 Likes

Ornstein

One player who could leave the Emirates Stadium is goalkeeper Alex Runarsson, with Arsenal open to letting the 25-year-old move on loan if they can secure a replacement as back-up to Bernd Leno.

Runarsson arrived from French side Dijon in September after Emi Martinez was sold to Aston Villa and Arsenal could not secure their first-choice successor, David Raya of Brentford.

The Iceland international was always viewed as more of third-choice and he endured a disappointing performance in the 4-1 League Cup defeat at home to Manchester City last month.

Arsenal’s decision is not a reaction to that display but they recognise the need for Runarsson to gain experience, which should be possible, with a host of teams in the Championship and Europe interested in taking him for the second half of the campaign.

While they will again explore signing a permanent number two, if that is not possible in January, then a seasoned player may be loaned before the matter is readdressed in the summer. It is unclear if Raya, whose club are pushing for promotion to the Premier League, remains the first-choice target.

Arsenal also have a highly-rated Estonian goalkeeper, Karl Hein, and the 18-year-old qualifies as homegrown in the summer. That helps mitigate for the exit of Matt Macey to Hibernian.

1 Like

I refuse to believe this

9 Likes

The Iceland international was always viewed as more of third-choice

What a load of revisionist shite.

10 Likes

He was tho? Its why we tried to get Raya aswell

We sold our second choice keeper and bought him to replace him, so it is bollocks to now talk about him as if he was meant to be third choice.

7 Likes

Has everyone forgotten we wanted to sign two goalkeepers in the summer?!