Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

It screams shady deal in his case, even Youtube compilations didn’t put him in a good light iirc…I was giving the club the benefit of the doubt with the misjudgement part on other deals.

2 Likes

Bent keepers.

2 Likes

He was supposed to come in as 3rd choice and Raya as 2nd choice. Arteta actually admitted in a presser in January when he was available on loan and that the club didn’t manage that situation well.

It’s actually embarrassing what happened in September. Going into the season with 7-8 CBs and a bunch of other surplus players while having evident gaps.

Good thing we’re fixing everything this summer right?

Right?

/Starwarsmeme

11 Likes

You lazy bastard, not even putting in minimal effort for those likes :grin:

1 Like

You don’t even admire the hustle enough to click the like yourself? C’mon! :grin:

3 Likes

Nice knowing you Alex. Hopefully now in the Mavropanos category of players who go on loan until they just finally leave for good one day.

We’ll always have that disastrous League Cup match against City to look back on and laugh about.

2 Likes

When was the last time we sold someone?

2 Likes

You probably couldn’t give this guy away for free. There’s something just not right beyond incompetency about this signing.

9 Likes

Why did we give this guy a 4 year contract?! Madness. Man’s not even good enough to be the back up to the back up.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think it was @GC-Maniac who made me aware that Runarsson was meant to be third choice initially, apparently. Which is still a problem.

1. He’s too shit to be third choice.
  2. Don’t go out and spend in excess of a million on a third choice keeper in the first place you bunch of shitters.
10 Likes

Yeah ultimately teams like City have used Stuart Taylor and Richard Wright as third choice goalkeepers. You really don’t need anyone of any real significant quality so just bring a guy who’s got some experience on a free transfer and be done with it.

Sirigu is Italy’s third choice keeper and he’s being released by Torino for free this year. He’d have made the perfect second / third choice keeper.

5 Likes

We are trusting the same person, who thought it was a good idea to replace Martinez with Runarsson, to buy the next GK, who is likely to be Ramsdale.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why we were still chasing Raya after we signed Runarsson.
Arteta in January said that they had different plans for the goalkeeper position when Emi left but they couldn’t execute them.
Another fuck up from last summer.

*Quotes from The Athletic and Arteta.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think you’ve told me this twice before now. I was sceptical the first time but am now 100 taking your word for it that he was meant to be third choice haha. Which is a bit better than him being signed as second choice, but really, if you’re too shit to be second choice you’re basically too shit to be third choice and should never be signed.

Still a very baffling transfer this one.

3 Likes

I see no reason to believe Arteta. They fucked it up big time and are track covering. Nice try though.

Well, we kept chasing Raya even after we signed Runarsson. If you remember, some thought Leno might be gone as well too.

Raya was never on the cards though, short of us offering three quarters of a Ramsdale or higher. There was never any serious suggestions Leno was going anywhere last summer.

Leno going was suggested by Arsenal fans after seeing us chasing Raya still.
Speaking of Raya, didn’t he have a thread? Where is it now? :sweat_smile:

Just had a search of both the Rumour Mill and Engliah Football sections of the forum, and the forum as a whole, and couldn’t find a thread for him. So I don’t think there is one, as there’s no reason we’d delete it :grin:

1 Like