Ruben Neves

He stood up for his mate Nicolas when Koch from Leeds was being a Koch.

Like Never, he captained Celtic at a young age, so he has the credentials. I think his fitness problems are more of a consideration than anything.

I think Ødegaard and the position of the pitch he covers is the perfect person for the role.

1 Like

Tears of goodbye?

Yeah, heavily linked with Barca.
Us and Man Utd are also lurking around.

1 Like

Lmfao

Mr Kroenke - pay. Pay, and don’t speak.

2 Likes

Neves would be a great asset wherever he goes

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1670545736478457857

Genuinely baffled by this. All that talk for wanting to play in the CL again was for nothing. He’s been one of the better midfielders in the league the past years and you could argue he hasn’t even hit his peak yet.

Weird that he didn’t get a move within the league

Way too early to be moving to that league, Wolves turned out to be a crappy platform for him in the end

What’s so baffling? It’s clear they’re offering him more money than he’s probably ever seen

His whole career has been managed by Mendes in ways that have often appeared a bit shady, with him taking Neves to Wolves in the first place when he seemed to have better options and in recent years with Mendes clearly desperate to get Neves out of Wolves and this summer practically trying to force him on Barcelona.

Its dodgy stuff all around and not surprising at all that Mendes would be one of the first in line to feed at the Saudi money trough.

I expected him to be more ambitious. Dude has still years ahead of him and I thought he was waiting for that Barca move because he wanted to play at the top level.
To go from that to Saudi at 26 is some 180.

Perhaps all these baller athletic midfielders popping up the past year has damaged his worth a bit. Still, I think he would’ve found another top club if it wasn’t for Barca.

Definitely shady but ultimately it’s choice

Power of agents definitely needs to be curtailed but no doubt they’ll find some loopholes

1 Like

I agree. Fully expected him to move to a bigger club this season. If not Barca, he could still walk into Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Utd or a range of top European clubs. All these players earn a fortune anyway. You would think if you were in sport, you would want to win things during your career…unless you are Harry Kane that is…

his career is dead going to Saudi at his age, such a waste

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1670693395885621248?t=WZQtuw_Eih5KPjS9_ZSlOQ&s=19

Fucking Saudi clubs offering Boehly a way out. I hope the Saudi’s are smart and rinse Chelsea on the fees. Koulibaly is one of those signings that is hurting Chelsea each day he stays on their payroll.

We’ll never hear from him again.

Thread moved to #continental-leagues-and-cups

1 Like

Can’t go to Barcelona, so effectively retire in Saudi :slight_smile:

55m for a three year deal lel.

No need for common sense or good negotiating when you’re that stinking rich, I suppose.