Robin van Persie

Rooney wasn’t happy RVP was made main striker and supposedly asked to be transfer listed at the end of Fergie’s last season. After Fergie left there were games where RVP and Rooney as 9 and 10 barely passed to each other

He wasn’t offered a new deal because he made a fucking online statement that he wasn’t going to continue with the club, lol.

/end of story

What he’s doing now is tantamount to me presenting my wife with divorce papers and then saying 10 years later but you never offered me a renewal of our vows!

5 Likes

The Ghost of @BradyMagic is going to rear his head soon

5 Likes

He was ALWAYS a cunt, but a somewhat likeable cunt when he was younger… Personally I couldn’t evend stand him in his last two years here, especially the last one.
Acted like he was better than the club already… Imo his head was out ouf the club already in his final season (from the start of it, probably since Cesc left). His body language etc… Can’t believe most fans saw him as a hero still.
I went absolutely mad that summer when he was about to leave. No other player levaing made me nearly as furious. He’s just such a massive cunt, hate him.

He was the best striker in the PL and he was told by Wenger, Gazidis and the board that we were an ambitious club that wanted to compete with the best in Europe.

After watching several transfer windows where, rather than buying world class players we sold the few we had, he then saw us buy inadequate replacements and saw us falling behind our rivals for the PL title.

He is no different than any other elite player.
He wants to win trophies and play with players that are of a similar quality.
But he was playing in a team that were no where near his level and going backwards.

What other world class player would stay at a club after being lied to and who were clearly going nowhere?
The only thing he did wrong was going to Man U but that was more down to Wenger and the board who wanted to sell to the highest bidder and weren’t bothered that it was Ferguson that was willing to pay what it took.

To prove how greedy and lacking in ambition our board were, we spent a fraction of the money we got for RVP, on Giroud.

1 Like

Nonsense, the little boy inside chose his destination, not us

BradyMagic right?

Yeah sorry that’s who I meant haha

We could have kept him for the rest of his contract, it’s not like we reinvested the money we got for him anyway.
As I said, it became clear that RVP was right when he said we lacked ambition, as we only spent a fraction of his transfer fee on Giroud.

Not really. That was the purpose of the whole open letter. To force a move.

1 Like

We could of kept him and let him go for free the next year but then we couldn’t have signed Cazorla, Giroud and Podoski

I’m sure you’re a big advocate of keeping Ozil/Alexis right? Except you’re not

Podolski and Giroud were bought before RVP had left and Cazorla was bought because we had previously just sold Cesc and Nasri the season before.
We weren’t reinvesting the money from the sale of RVP in a top level striker.

I don’t understand what you mean by saying did I want to keep both Sanchez and Ozil but, if you’re asking, I did.

Okay good to know you wanted Sanchez and Ozil to leave for frees and though RVP should of left for a free. You’d make an excellent manager

Obviously the buys of Giroud and Podolski were done in anticipation of the departure of van Persie. The whole narrative of Giroud being his back up was BS. He was meant as his successor.

I didn’t want them to leave for free, just as I didn’t want RVP to either.
There is a pattern of our best players wanting to leave and it’s always for the same reason, that our ambitions don’t match theirs.
That’s why I don’t hold any grudge against any of the world class players that have left because they deserve better.

Why would anyone, in any job, stay at a place that was holding them back from achieving what they want?

I understand that but it was the club and Wenger that said otherwise and it showed a complete lack of ambition to replace the top striker in the PL with Giroud.

2 Likes

What did they say? Of course they are not pubilicy going to say they were looking for a buyer. That would undermine any sort of negotiation. I think they were waiting it out. Hoping for a bidding war between United/City/Juventus. That is where that fucking statement comes in. He didn’t have to that he was getting his move regardless. By doing that Arsenal couldn’t hold out and any potential buyer knew they had the advantage.

That is why I always said the departures of all these fuckers wasn’t the problem. The main problem was how Arsenal went about rebuilding. Very reactive in stead of proactive.

1 Like

True.

Yeah it’s very easily searchable online too lol. In fact his words were literally:

“I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract.”

That’s why it surprised me when RVP initially came out about 6 months ago on TV and made the claim we didnt offer him a deal. Surely, having been a famous person in the internet age, he should be a bit smarter.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/04/3220749/van-persies-letter-to-arsenal-fans-in-full

2 Likes

Why the fuck did he bring it up again?

He’s turning into Hleb ffs

1 Like

I imagine every time he makes any media appearance he gets 5000 bits of abuse from Arsenal fans online.

If you want forgiveness at least get your story straight :poldi:

1 Like