Riyad Mahrez

Has he been poor this season? Haven’t really kept track.

He’s just saving his energy for the Champions League, he’s been brilliant in those 2 games.

1 Like

Fck me this is a shit thread - wtf have I just read for the last 30mins Ffs !!

2 nonPG and an assist in the UCL.

Ozil, by the way, no assist in 9 this season and 2 nonPG.

1 Like

He still looked very dangerous when they played us. 3 goals (even if 1 was a pen) and 1 assist in 9 games is hardly poor either. Teams are taking Leicester more seriously this term and setting up to nulify them.

1 Like

In an interview on Canal Football Club (French TV Show), Mahrez said he had contact with Arsenal but didn’t want to “conflict” with Leicester.

What a moron.

In hindsight I’m glad that we used those funds on Mustafi (and Perez) instead of him, but he should’ve left, if not for us, but someone else.

Why? It’s not like he is 30 years old and is not going to get other chances to move.

1 Like

Exactly he will move this summer after Leicester finish 10th or so, and what is he ? 26 years old ?

There is no guarantee for it.
It could very well be a purple patch and he may not get the chance to move to a big club.

1 Like

If it was just a purple patch then if he moved to a big club he’d only probably get a handful of minutes playing time anyways so whats the point ? BTW I don’t think it was and he will get his move to one of the top clubs this summer.

He’s just signed a long term deal though, which means Leicester have no reason to sell their best player unless they get an absolutely huge offer, which they probably won’t unless he repeats last year. In 2-3 years his peak will probably be gone.

I know he did. What I meant with a gentlemen’s agreement is that Leicester might be more lenient towards a possible transfer in exchange for one more year.

I’m not that pissed off in the end, as Iwobi is becoming some player.

He is still risking it.
He is not the superstar that would attract your Bayern/Real/Barcelona, so if Arsenal comes knocking in; why not take it?

If it isn’t a purple patch, then maximize your productive years with best options available at the time.

Either he is exaggerating the contact or he has been naive with his choice.

Apparantly he also said he was to expensive. It might not have been 100% his own choice to stay. We might have been either too late for proper negotiations or didn’t want to pay up.

Nothing wrong with him wanting to stay for another year. He has the trust of the club and manager at Leicester and if he can show consistency in his performances he’ll get another chance to move to a bigger club next summer with possibly more options to choose from.

In the modern transfer market where you see wealthy teams literally taking the players they want, you kind of have to repect Mahrez (and Vardy’s) decision to stay. Obviously bumper contracts helped but both were courted by much bigger clubs than Leicester.

Kante could have done the same, but I genuinely believe he was pressured by agents and other external influences more than his own decision.

At the end of the day. Club loyalty is a rare thing in this day and age. Good on them, they made history. Mahrez is the man but unless I am mistaken plays like a shadow of his former self.

Is anyone actively following him?

Vardy’s decision to stay was motivated by fear rather than loyalty. He wasn’t prepared to risk his seat on the plane to Russia in 2018. His chances of being selected were always going to be greater by stay at Leicester. Looking at things now his place in the england squad is far from secure, younger talents like Rashford, Lingard and maybe even Ox will displace him