Reiss Nelson (24)

Would we be due one of those training fees if he does leave?

oh, I thought he had at least a year left. Shame on Arsenal for leaving it so late.

1 Like

I think hes probably past the age of that happening, a tribunal.

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1660940884043771905?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

1 Like

Starting to think the Bournemouth goal has got into his head. If this goes on for long, would rather let him go and invest in some young upcoming winger who’s ready to play when needed.

1 Like

If he really was a back up for the RW he would have been used more often. Been unlucky to get such little game time. He’s also looked good on the left so I wonder if that’s where he’s set to play long term (not for us necessarily).

It’s a risk for him to accept the deal. If we bring in another forward even more so. Would like him to stay for our benefit but regular football is key. No point being like Kalvin Philips willing to piss your career away on the bench.

Tbf to him, he’s massively improved. Used to find him absolutely useless in the past but he has managed to make more of an impact than the likes of Holding, Tierney, ESR, Vieira, Lokonga and others this season which is quite astonishing considering his standing a year ago.

From an Arsenal perspective, it’s best if we can retain him as he can at the very worst be a sellable asset. From his perspective though, he’s 23 and he needs regular playing time.

I think the forward signing is very much dependent on him.

4 Likes

How do you think this?

It was just a figure of speech for how long this is dragging on.

1 Like

Tbf, it sounds like we’re the ones pushing for him to renew. He’s just waiting for the season to end to evaluate his choices.

I will say, if he recovers from his illness, a start against Wolves will go a long way into convincing him he has a future here. Has he even a started a game for us in the league this season?

1 Like

Think he started the Forest game at home and did well. Yeah, starting him might be good for two reasons, that it could convince him to stay and will also give Arteta a better look at how he does when playing from the off.

I believe Saka started the game but was injured early on, Nelson came in and ended up crucial in the win.

Edit: Just checked. Hasn’t started a game for us in the PL this season. He played a total of 171 minutes. That’s pretty low, lower than I expected.

1 Like

Especially when a large chunk of that came in the forest game as Saka came off quite early from memory

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AFCAMDEN/status/1660962672718774272

Rejected!

Feels like we’re trying to secure the bag like we did with Eddie.

Nelson could easily fetch 20m after a decent run of form. Same kind of gamble, keep him around and see if he can make himself valuable.

Doubt it, his contract is up this summer

1 Like

This is just embarrassing from every fucking angle.

Fuck him off, scores one important goal against Bournemouth and thinks he’s the shit

3 Likes

They’re just desperate not to lose him on a free and having to replace him in the summer. Don’t think they’re keen on pursuing a winger.

Doing a Gundogan with city :upside_down_face:

1 Like