Raul Sanllehi (sacked)

Yeah whether you like the answers or not they were direct responses from the 3 most senior decision makers at the club.

Which is what the fans we’re asking for

3 Likes

I was flabbergasted when the Kroenkes stepped in and over ruled Gazidis (allegedly in the press at the time) to give Wenger the extension. Around that time Klopp was available and I remember wanting him instead over Wenger for a while before he went to Loserpool.

It was obvious Wenger was past it long before that although the clubs player and recruitment and retention strategy in the previous 8 years was equally astonishing and I’m not sure that was all on Wenger.

I’m not at all convinced by Sanhelli and my jury is out on Unai although I at least think Unai is hard working and a decent man.

While they do a lot of the day to day job I’d argue that Josh and Stan are the two most senior decision makers. At least they’re the ones with the highest power and it’s they who also set the overall strategy (financial and otherwise) as well as hiring the senior team.

I think perhaps you and I see this very differently?

1 Like

Why I said the day of the Emery hiring was the worst day as an Arsenal supporter in 20 years, because it confirmed that the people running the club were incompetent. You can fire a manager and replace a manager with only some collateral damage, but to replace the people in charge of the football operations…that’s a very long term thing, and an insidious problem. Gazidis brought in Sanhellí, and Sanhellí was part of a joke of a Barça directive team, so it’s not surprise he is what he is. Just have to bank on the slim hope that Vinai or Edu can drive change, and push 3 fids into the background, as low a probability as that is.

When I read the reviews about Sanhelli at Barca they’re very mixed. It looks like he’s good at glad handing the big stars when he’s got lots of money to spend.

He spent a billion euros in 10 years but a lot of his signings worked out badly and there was a whiff of corruption around some of his activities in addition. But he did get them Neymar for 120m euros who they then sold at a huge profit. Suarez from Loserpool was also a great signing for them at 60m pounds.

My conclusion is that he’s probably ok when you’ve got lots of money to throw around but not great when you’re on a limited budget and need to add value in the detail.

It’s a great shame Mislintat didn’t hang around as it looks like he worked hard developing a detailed analysis and reviews of a wide group of players so that he could effectively identify a pipeline of bargains (as well as more established players) at below fair market prices given their potential and add value. It looks like he did a very valuable job at Dortmund over a long time. Of course not all his signings worked out well and it sounds like he had a difficult personality but in general he added value. Guendouzi, Torreira, Leno and Auba (and Sokratis to a lesser degree) look like the pick of his signings and mostly look like they’re gaining value. My guess is he didn’t have respect for Sanhelli and that contributed to their falling out.

Based on this and the previous window it looks like Sanhelli is the wrong fit - he won’t add value in a club where he’s given a relatively limited budget. His inability to get a defensive reinforcement to help cover the injuries and jammed fixture list in the January window was a disaster - the difference most likely between 3rd and big CL revenues versus another year of Spursday nights.

Josh and Stan saying we have to give Sanhelli and co more time. In my opinion though he’s already had more than enough time to prove he’s not value adding to date. Like Wenger and Gazidis reign do we have to see another 10 years of decline before the owners act on this one? In my view Sanhelli’s got two weeks to turn this around before he gets a well deserved P45. Otherwise fans should be chanting Sanhelli out!

In that event, let’s hope Edu is very hard working and value adding in the detail and can work a miracle for future windows.

3 Likes

After all this, 80m for Pepe lol

1 Like

Bring us Pepe you fat Spanish waiter

The :goat:

I can’t believe I ever doubted him, Kroenke and VINAI!!

9 Likes

Let’s sign him first haha but yeah if they pull this off then they are OG status.

Raul da Gawd

2 Likes

The Q&A cry babies will be doing full 180’s lol

7 Likes

This was them when they were being roasted a couple days ago

tenor%20(2)

15 Likes

I’m at 90 degrees right now tbf.

5 Likes

Get Tierney and I’ll source Raul a lifetime supply of fids

2 Likes

Don’t forget papa Vinai.

3 Likes

Plot twist: They are signing Pepe because the fans abused them at the Q&A

8 Likes

St. Etienne and Lille fine with the installments, why are Celtic such primitive cunts

5 Likes

We’re offering them add one to meet the £25m whereas I guess with these two it’s the asking price being met in instalments

Surely this means we have enough money to get that over the line too?

Imma go storm Parkhead and chokeslam Peter Lawell and strongarm him into accepting our bid.

That is, if Raul hasn’t already beat me to it :arteta:

1 Like