Random football stuff

Nah he was just knackered having a quick rest

Emlyn Hughes blamed the defeat on the weight of the jerseys.

We heard you the first time fella

3 Likes

Arsenal wore short sleeves that was a new thing.
Shankly asked to cut the Liverpool ones at half time, but FA officialdom wouldn’t allow it.

1 Like

The greatest celebration in football history was Marco Tardelli in the ‘82 World Cup final and in a moment of the most unparalleled joy and ecstasy he never once felt the need to take his top off lol

5 Likes

I was thinking (rather morbidly, I might add) about how many of that 71 squad are still with us, and I think they’re doing pretty well, aren’t they?

1 Like

Tardelli didnt feel the need to lift his shirt you egotistical cunt

2 Likes

Gareth Bale with the equaliser for LAFC deep into extra time. We’re going to penalties!

No shirt was taken off in celebration

Reminds me of this lol

1 Like

I think taking your shirt of is completely manufactured behaviour. I’ve never been excited and lost so much control that my body just started taking my shirt off without my input. It’s not some kind of outer body experience or natural response to anything.

I think the yellow card is now even part of the theatrics of it. Look how passionate I am, I’m taking a yellow card for this celebration.

5 Likes

The greatest celebration in football history was Marco Tardelli in the ‘82 World Cup final and in a moment of the most unparalleled joy and ecstasy he never once felt the need to take his top off lol

3 Likes

Idk. Hard to argue that Chastain’s celebration at WC 99 was manufactured. That was the purest joy I’ve seen live, albeit on tv.

No, Marco Tardelli’s goal at the 82 world cup was a moment of unparalleled joy.

6 Likes

Die Hammërfüt

7 Likes

that left foot is a fucking shotgun lol

7 Likes

I think that’s how I would do an interview lol

2 Likes

love it.
Use only verbs to describe everything

Pass, receive, shoot, goal

1 Like

Love stuff like this that shows up how hollow all this shit is.

He said exactly what every other player would say except without the nonsense. Clearly not thinking about being headhunted by Sky.

It’s not even that the people are boring (though many are), they’re talking about kicking a ball between 2 posts, there’s only so much sparkle you can stick on top of that.

I only watch these things when I’m deliberately drinking in every last drop of content after a massive Arsenal win. Really don’t give a shit what any player or manager has to say about a game I just watched with my own eyes.

9 Likes

@Craigie Exactly lol.

I kicked football. It went in goal. Make me feel good. I go home now.

The journalist tried his best to squeeze out some more “interesting insight” but kept getting shut down. Top

1 Like