Random football stuff

Sonny Boy Williams says hello.

Ian Botham could have played football quite easily, no?

It was up to him what sport he wanted to pursue and he opted for cricket

But he was THE best all rounder Cricket has ever seen…Yet he only played for Scunthorpe as a footballer…A choice he made because he was better at cricket!

And yet another great striker of the 2000s you forget just because you had so many great strikers… Back then.

Sevilla had him AND Luis Fabiano up front at the same time. Nowadays they’d end up in PSG/City in no time, just because there are literally no strikers out there. Both of them easily better than Icardi.
Forlan was banging for Villarreal and Atletico… Tottenham had Berbatov and Keane (absolutely wondeful strike partneship)… Just insane compared to these days.

Football WAS better back then. Period.

5 Likes

Kanoute and Fabiano were great on FM2010. Then again that series had a shit load of great strikers.

1 Like

Superb mention. Him and Fabiano for Sevilla were immense

He had a good spell at West Ham and Spurs but I do feel Kanoute should have better recognition in this country. If he was playing now then no doubt he’d get snapped up by a seriously top team

4 Likes

Thats some amount of cup finals tbf

Yeah, I’ve been watching some YT lately… A crime no share this one too…

:bowing_man: :bowing_man: :bowing_man: :bowing_man: :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Player I was thinking about the other day who we all seem to overlook but was great in his day George Weah.
@Gio what’s your views on him mate in the Milan hall of fame.

The slow-mo glide at the end is great.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy:

This is what happens when you sell all your talent abroad

1 Like

7 Likes
3 Likes

Adam Johnson will be delighted that someone else is the butt of these jokes now

2 Likes

6 Likes
3 Likes

Poor man’s Jack Wilshere tbh

8 Likes

Absolutely world class footballer.

Absolutely world class sanctimonious cunt.

He and Pirlo would’ve got along amazingly together.

4 Likes

One of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game, Barça hit the jackpot with him and Iniesta coming through their ranks.

2 Likes

I was thinking poor mans ESR but your take is good too

4 Likes