Random football stuff

Will miss it.

1 Like

They’re on a mission to make the game almost unwatchable.

1 Like

It did make matches more unpredictable, that’s for sure. I would’ve been happy if they removed it from extra time, but removing it completely feels as if we could have duller second legs.

1 Like

Fucking liverpool I swear. So shit at anfield all season…

Can be for or against it but the bigger picture is already revealed in that CL week they want.
Semi finals and final in one venue tells you all you need want to know.
Fucking penalties be bored as fuck with them in no time.

I mentioned it before but I liked the away goals rule, it just needed tweaking. Say removed from Extra time.

Ultimately UEFA had already made their minds up with the swiss system coming in 2024, more money and safeguarding for big teams.

Note that will be a lack of complaining for overloaded fixture continentally, I’m sure domestic football will take a hit in some way to get this thing to work.

2 Likes

Booo…I liked the away goals rule.

1 Like

I didn’t like the rule, but the thing I really hated about it was how it counted in extra time as well meaning one side could get 30 mins extra to get an away goal.

I loathe the away goal rule, well moreso the application of it. Perhaps like Stroller says penalties will become oversaturated and get boring but I don’t think there’s anything more of a mood killer than watching a team win a tie 3-3 on aggregate.

3 Likes

I think I said it before but I loved it when it went for us and hated it when it went against us. Won’t fuck us over for at least a year though. :cowboy_hat_face:

The away goals rule doesn’t serve a purpose anymore, and the reason it was created for is obsolete

Good riddance it’s gone.

1 Like

I need clarification on this. Did it have a different purpose before?

I personally would just be happy if they ditched it for extra time

Dunno, I read somewhere it was created in the days where away trips in Europe meant 1-2 day journeys, far more hostile crowd, much less facilities, and playing away from home was a much bigger disadvantage.

Now you can’t really say that imo.

No, but both teams get the same.

Personally I would settle for them just ditching it in extra time. But they obviously decided that scrapping it altogether was better

1 Like

Got to go on to my first game since Feb 2020 last night. Finished a draw but was still buzzing. Actually being in a stadium and hearing chants echoing around. Wonderful stuff. Marvellous.

Tallaght Stadium pre kick off:

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/Hxnz99/status/1408787435895541763?s=19

Again this puts some of the Foden, Sancho hype into perspective a little.

Are any of them near the level Rooney was as an18 year old?

I dunno.

Also Ayala in the vid :wenger2:

3 Likes

Very few players are :grin:

Rooney was a phenom. As good as any teenager in the last 21 years. Except Messi.

3 Likes

And R9 of course. :wink:

2 Likes

I said last 21 years haha, so only counting this century

1 Like