Random football stuff

Take your coat off.:roll_eyes: Tbf he’s the only contender for me.

1 Like

Henry, PV4, Bergkamp, Pires and Maybe Sol Campbell ? 96-2005 ?

Adams would have to be on the list. Wouldn’t look at one without him.

4 Likes

Yeah I just remember Tony being predominantly injured 2000 onwards and didn’t follow it until the 98 cup final, so I’m not qualified to make an assessment for the first few years of that period.

1 Like

Ashley Cole.

4 Likes

So we’re talking 2000 to 2010?

1. Adams
  2. Bergkamp
  3. Paddy
  4. Henry
  5. Pires
2 Likes

Yeah he was the other one I was tossing up between, absolutely elite LB.

Adams
Wright
Henry
Bergkamp
Cole

1 Like

Good shout actually.

Best LB in the world while he was playing.

I can remember arguing with a user on Goonersweb in about 2006 who said Ricardo Gardner of Bolton was better than him and that we should sign him as a replacement :joy:

2 Likes

Fuck I miss our team in my first decade of following us, elite players in all departments.

3 Likes

Funnily enough, I think his best season for us was 2000/01. We won nothing but this boy was immense

1 Like

The Emirates Era began in 2006 so I imagine stroller was talking 1996-2006

2 Likes

I see your 96-2006, and I raise you 1986 to 1996

@stroller You’re up

1 Like

Wright
Adams
Seaman
Smith
Merson

2 Likes
  1. Adams
  2. Wright
  3. Merson
  4. Seaman
  5. Rocastle
2 Likes

That was harder than this decade one. Really wanted to put Limpar in.

1 Like

It was Rocastle/Limpar for my number 5

That goal at Old Tartford from the corner. All the Gooners in the Paddock going crazy :heart_eyes:

@InvincibleDB10 @arsenescoatmaker @giner @kroenkeoutplease @Ashgooner1 let’s go; our best 5 players from 1986 to 1996

2 Likes

Wright
Bergkamp (does he count only playing 1 season where he started not the best?)
Adams

and then I’m not sure, between Merson, Alan Smith, O’Leary, Keown, Dixon, Rocastle, Bould, Thomas

I don’t think I watched enough full football matches or understood it enough to pick the final 2 for me. Merson and Smith combining to beat Liverpool is the stand out but I’m not sure that’s a deep enough analysis. Reminds me of this classic goal though

When you consider how much goes into academy players now Adams, Davis, Thomas, Rocastle, Merson and campbell was some return.

5 Likes

I was in 2 minds about adding him

Shows the class of the man that we’re looking at a ten year period between 86 and 96, and we still wanna add Bergy in spite of him only joining in 95.

To put this into context, we’d had 3 mediocre league seasons, 2 of them truly shit. Bergkamp comes in and fires us into Europe.

1 Like