Random Arsenal stuff

I thought pat muller rice left us years ago

Exec director Ken Friar who has been here for 70 years steps down from his position on the board.

The club is in the hands of good people in Stan and Josh Kroenke, the board and our staff.

I don’t know much about him but have heard and seen his name and face pop up here and there all my Arsenal life and I feel a bit sad, like I don’t know what he was doing here but whatever it was he was part of the old guard.

Oh well. Also that quote there, I know you have to say things like that, but idno man.

The club is in the hands of good people in Stan and Josh Kroenke.

If Friar really believes this is true then I would suggest he is stepping down from the board on the recommendation of his psychiatrist.

He has happily worked alongside the Kroenkes for a decade. He believes it, he’s not saying it to be nice.

2 Likes

I really should be working but reading this football pull out from The Mirror in 2004 is a far more enjoyable way to start the day.

8 Likes

Nice!! I have the back pages from when we won The FA Cup in 2014 haha

Nothing screams working from home more than your current deaktop set up haha. I had to cave in and buy a laptop stand and having my laptop poorly balanced on a pile of random books was driving me mad!

4 Likes

The first photo I took screamed working from home even more loudly, had to take another one so you couldn’t see my dressing gown riding up and giving a tantalising glimpse of pasty white thigh :grin:

1 Like

I never put my camera on on conference calls because I’m 95% of the time sat topless in a pair of shorts :joy:

1 Like

My camera has tape over it just in case :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My work laptop is an HP with an inbuilt cover that you can slide across which is awesome.

1 Like

I hope we have good insurance…

1 Like

eating-popcorn.gif

This shouldn’t be the clubs responsibility imo…on the assumption that they hired professionals and experts to oversee these things from the outset that is. Add in whatever oversight is supposed to be happening at a local authority level or whatever and it’s a total shit show that something like this can even occur. It’s a failure on a lot of levels for something like this to happen.

2 Likes

The screenshot below is to understand the tone of the piece. Pretty much carries on like this through out.

1 Like

This cladding scandal will one down go as one the great scandals. People being lumbered with outrageous fucking bills to fix unsafe cladding that they didn’t know was unsafe when they moved into the property.

3 Likes

I have no idea if the above is correct. Anyone knowledgeable about this sort of thing?

A lot of what I know (think I know) here is picked up from reading about similar incidents here but…Basically correct although I think Arsenal set up a development company which was somewhat or wholely sperate to the FC entity.

I obviously don’t know if the article is suggesting liability and a) the guy is a sports journalist and b) he won’t have access to that contract matrix so some of that seems a bit unfair.

It could end up as the owners sue the development company who sue the engineers who sue the builders. If it was all a big joint venture then it gets messier potentially.

1 Like

Goal scorers unknown as of 6:21pm.

Good. These fan tokens are a load of crap anyway.

1 Like